SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Using cross border transactions to
overcome Skills Shortages and
creating Competitive Advantage
Is It For Your Organisation?
• This is very much a case of 80% in the
preparation and 20% in the execution.
• What does this mean?
• Have you considered:
– Legal requirements?
– Tax requirements?
– Human aspects?
• Are transactions between the two locations legal in
• Start with your own jurisdiction.
– Is it OK to export talent?
– Are there any rules to be followed?
• Now for the location.
– What are the local rules?
– Are foreigners allowed?
– On what terms?
• If using talent from a third country, does this have any
• What rules apply?
– To you corporately?
– To the individuals that you are employing?
– To your clients in the local jurisdiction?
• Do double taxation agreements exist?
• Will you need to wrestle with withholding tax?
• Are any local registrations needed?
We are not dealing with inanimate objects.
We are all different, hard to satisfy everybody.
Where will they stay?
What food is provided?
How will they be transported?
Local Health and Safety rules?
How will they be paid, and how will pay be
Human Aspects 2
• What about visas?
– Are they needed?
What about pre-flight injections?
What about healthcare?
What about communications?
What is the reporting structure?
Who will provide local leadership?
– Are they empowered?
• Are the employees contracts transparent.
Cash Flow & Getting Paid
• Sort this out up front otherwise you’ll be in
• Document the deal
– you’ll need a Lawyer and an Accountant.
• Don’t be shy
– negotiate for what you want- don’t get bullied.
• If unsure walk away.
• If a deal sounds too good to be true be extremely
Beware Of Hidden Costs
• Even if you have done many of these deals
there will always be something unique – allow
• Deals driven by tax savings alone are always
open to attack – be cautious.
• Look for a good commercial reason for the
– Lack of skills locally
– Client preference timescales etc.
Beware Of Bureaucracy
It will drive you crazy.
Get all your unknowns out in the open early.
Agree who is doing what.
Third party professionals will slow you down.
You can’t do these deals in minutes they take
• Beware of time wasters - there are 1000’s of
Examples Of Deals
• 1. Local skills shortages.
• 2. Intra jurisdiction deals.
• 3. Cross border transaction.
• 4. Complex multinational and cross border.
Local Skills Shortages
• 4 global sectors.
– Natural Resources
• Most developed economies have shortages in
these areas and here is a simple example.
Domiciliary Care Workers
In The UK
• Government policy is to increase care in the
• Hours are antisocial, poorly paid and
unwanted by the locals.
• Solution import skills from ?????????????
– These days largely Eastern Europe
• We will source and employ or simply supply
for a fee.
Intra Jurisdiction Deals
• Logistic costs vary across Europe with local
demand dictated by local conditions and
union inspired pay structures.
• German hauliers have looked to use Polish
lorry drivers employed through off shore
companies to lower employment costs.
• As “trips” tend to be pan European and time
in Germany minor/nil tax domicile of employs
can be outside Germany.
Cross Border Transactions
• Often seen in the natural resource sectors or
• English Second Language teachers are sourced
from around the world and are placed in areas
of high demand such as Saudi Arabia.
• We recruit from USA, Canada, Australia, New
Zealand, UK and parts of Europe for these
• Common elements but always unique.
• We’ve done deals from Tristan da Cuhna,
through Australia to India.
• In India we used a team of highly skilled Polish
tradesmen to finish a plant for a German
client whilst employing them out of the UK.
• We have supplied teams to Swiss, S Africa and
Norwegians working on real estate deals but
not as employers.
Our Bespoke Solutions
• Solid background in finance & manufacturing.
• We think as businessmen, not recruiters.
• As a page 1 Google rated international
recruitment agency we are here to help with
your difficult deals and help you solve
• We have retained specialist accountants &
lawyers on tap.
Get In Touch Early
• As stated at the outset it is 80% in the
• Tell us what the issues are.
• Tell us what you are trying to achieve.
• Share with us the overall proposition.
• We assimilate quality information quickly &
generally respond within 24 hours
• Skills Provision have developed a series of
presentations for both candidates and
employers which you can view here
If employers require confidential assistance make a Quick
Enregistrer les diapositives les plus importantes en les clippant
La fonction clipper permet de recueillir et d’organiser en toute simplicité les diapositives les plus importantes d’une présentation. Vous pouvez conserver vos trouvailles dans des clipboards classés par thèmes.