1. http://www.dezeen.com/2011/03/04/escapism-by-daniel-widrig-iris-van-herpen-and-mgx-by-materialise/1. 3D printed DressThis 3D printed dress was shown in2011 at the Paris Spring Summerfashion show. The design that ofDutch fashion designer Iris VanHerpen. The Dress was fabricated byMaterialise.
2. http://www.wired.com/design/2012/11/coolest-3d-prints-movies-art-environment/2. Bond, James BondThis 1:3 scale replica of James Bond’sAston Martin was 3D printed so thatit could be blown apart in the latestBond film Skyfall.
3. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-169071043. ProstheticsThis prosthetic jawbone was3D printed from titanium.The implant was successfullyused in surgery to replace an83-year old womans jaw in2012.
4. http://mashable.com/2013/05/09/state-department-3d-printed-gun-takedown/ http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/03/download-this-gun-3d-printed-semi-automatic-fires-over-600-rounds/http://www.hammillpost.com/2013/05/3d-printer-gun-making-is-now-a-reality/#4. Fire AwayThe blueprints to 3D printfirearms are the source ofmuch media attentionrecently. The U.S.government has banned thedownload of such blueprints.
5. http://www.geekologie.com/2013/02/a-tiny-3-d-printed-game-of-thrones-winte.php5. Castle DoctrineThis small scale model ofWinterfell from the HBO seriesGame of Thrones measures only80x80mm in size.
6. http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/10/six-3d-printed-musical-instruments-and-what-3d-printing-could-do-for-musicians/http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/29/3d-printed-concert-flute-rapidly-prototypes-sound-video/6. Musical InstrumentsThis guitar and flute areexamples of how Instrumentmanufacturers are alsotapping into the 3D printinggame.
7. http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/fully-functional-bicycle-made-with-a-3d-printer7. I Want to Ride my BicycleThe parts for this bicycle were 3Dprinted and then assembled. Thematerial used is a significantmagnitude stronger than steel byweight.
8. http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/19/4007178/3doodler-3d-printing-pen-launches-on-kickstarter8. Small ScalefigurinesThese detailedsmall scalefigurines wereprinted using a $50home unit calledthe 3Doodler
9. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/31/esa_lunar_base_3d_printing/http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/AW_05_06_2013_p58-571520.xml9. Moon BaseThese digital renderings areexamples of a hopefulproject to send a 3D printerto the moon and use moonrock to 3D print buildingmaterials to construct aLunar base.
10. http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/11/vegan-bacon-mobius-strip-3d-printed-shapeways-537x371.jpg10. FoodThis Mobius strip ofvegan bacon is theleading edge of anew 3D printingventure to study theprospects ofprinting food.
11. http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/urbee-3d-printed-prototype-hybrid-car-getting-closer-to-production-21-09-2011/http://www.ecochunk.com/5279/2013/01/07/firanse-r3-is-a-3d-printed-ecological-car-for-the-future-world/11. VehiclesThe cars shown have 100% 3Dprinted bodies. At right is called the“Urbee”, and is fully functional.Beneath is the “Firanse R3” and iscurrently in development.
12. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WITQ9Gmqej0/UYgGI8_3YMI/AAAAAAAAA5Y/fnbMblk4hpE/s320/bionic-ear.jpghttp://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2013/05/3d-printer-bionic-ear12. Can You Hear Me Now?This ear was successfullyprinted using calf tissue, andactually “hears” via anantennae of silvernanoparticles.
13. https://alistboutique.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/3d-shoes/13. FootwearThese 3D shoes were createdfor both art, fashion, andfunction. 3D printed sportsshoes from Nike and NewBalance are currently in thetesting stage.
14. http://blog.stratasys.com/2013/05/23/objet-connex-respirator-design-reality/14. Breath EasyThis 3D prototype respirator iscurrently in testing for theBritish military.
15. http://www.todayandtomorrow.net/2006/05/17/3d-printing/15. ArtThe design for this hanginglamp was previously only ableto be seen on a computerscreen. Thanks to 3D printingit can be seen first hand.
16. http://weburbanist.com/2008/12/02/papercraft-creative-paper-art-design-sculpture/16. Paper3D printing is still close its rootsin traditional paper printing.These 3D printed faces aremade using paper pulp.
17. http://geekboy.it/projects/open-source-humanoid-robot-you-can-3d-print17. I, RobotThis robot’s parts and human like features were all 3Dprinted and then assembled.
18. http://blog.stratasys.com/2011/11/10/tiny-3d-printed-car-with-moving-wheels/18. Itty Bitty3D printing allows for verysmall and intricate details .
19. http://singularityhub.com/2013/04/04/first-fully-3d-printed-building-may-take-shape-this-year/19. Home BuildingThese concepts for 3D printinghomes are set to beginfabrication this year.
20. http://ogasawalrus.com/myblog/?tag=3d-printing20. CheckmateThese incredibly smallchess pieces areincredibly detailed. TheRook actually has aspiral staircasethrough the center.