2. +200 customers OpenCloud Experts 40 people • First European Gold Member of the openstack foundation • Major contributor in the code • UpStream Debian OpenStack • Integration Puppet / OpenStack • Project leader Metering/Accounting/Billing
3. European Cloud Service Provider • Infrastructure as a Service • Focused on open cloud technologies • Based in France • 225 M€ fundings to compete on a global market • Corporate member of the openstack foundation
4. openstack for services providers
5. Motivations Be free of its destiny Be able to massively scale Be aggressive in terms of pricing Be interoperable
6. Be free of its destiny Depending on your size Small Players Big Players Cloud in a Box Cloud Framework Packaged solution Custom solution Niche strategy Mainstream
7. Be free of its destiny High End Cloud Low Cost Cloud Cheap hardware High Availability Flat network High Performance Storage No SAN Complex network No Fiber Network openstack is a framework Cloud Storage HPC Cloud Compute pizza box Block & Object Storage Bare metal provisionning Massively scalable Specific scheduler S3 Compatible Rendering workloads
8. Be free of its destiny openstack cloud proprietary solutions
9. Be able to massively scaleScale Massively.... but ProgressivelyStart Small.... and grow fastopenstack is designed for large scale infrastructures but without any reference architecture imposed
10. Be aggresive in terms of pricing You want to play on the global IaaS Market ? You have to provide high end quality of service, innovation and .... A very competitive price !
11. Be aggresive in terms of pricing
12. Be aggresive in terms of pricing
13. Be aggresive in terms of pricing
14. Be aggresive in terms of pricing Quick Analysis 0,14 € / Hour Medium Size VM 2 vCPU, 4Gb Ram, 100 Gb Disk 102 € / Month Nb of VM per Node 20 Monthly revenu per node 2044 € / Month / Node Gross Margin target 50 % Maximum cost per node 1022 € / Month / Node
15. Be aggresive in terms of pricing Quick Analysis 200 Compute Nodes Secondary Storage 78 000 € / month Security (amortization 36 months) Network / Loadbalancer SI / Operations Rack / Transit 35 000 € / month HR / Operations 125 000 € / month Global Montly cost for 4000 VM 238 000 € / month Cost per VM 59,5 € / month / node Cost per Node 1190 € / month / node
16. Be aggresive in terms of pricing Quick Analysis Target Cost per node 1020 € / month / node Estimate Cost with Openstack 1190 € / month / node With openstack you can make it ! What about with a proprietary solution ?
17. Be interoperable You are not Alone !
18. Be interoperable You are not Alone ! ⇠ ⇢
19. Be interoperable You are not Alone ! Open APIs Respect Standards Reinforce interoperability & reversibility Simplify your user’s life Keep your customers by quality not by force
20. Cloudwatt & openstack
21. Ambitions Become a European Leader in Infrastructure as a Service Cloudwatt Dashboard Cloudwatt Shared Services
22. DNA Be part of an ecosystem, contribute and Open Source innovate Secure Ensure the protection of datas & applications High End services in terms of availability & SLA & Commitment performance Allow users to move their workloads between Interoperability & Reversibility cloud (private or public) Be transparent and auditable regarding the Transparency commitments and the data localization Provide clear SLA on availability , performance SLA & Commitment and security
23. Be part of an Ecosystem Don’t play alone ! Contribute to the code & share Openstack and friends Work with partners eNovance, Ysance, Alpha Layer, Octo... Break barriers & be interoperable Rackspace, AWS, HPCloud, IBM.... Stimulate innovation & partnerships Help startups, Partner with SaaS/PaaS providers, ISV, Integrators...
24. Openstack contributions Proud member of the Openstack foundation Code contributions ? • Nova, Swift, Quantum, Ceilometer, Keystone, Cinder • Security • Packaging & Automation • Multi-Cell • Networking / SDN • Intelligent placement / Scheduler • Identity management
25. Private Beta ProgramBe part of the adventure !Discover in exclusivity the Cloudwatt platform. Dedicated to the participants of Openstack in Action 3Try the service & Share with us your feebdack. It’s completely free !Soon in your mailbox...