1. Leadership Managers vs. Leaders WHO IS A LEADER?DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A MANAGER AND LEADER DO ORGANIZATIONS NEED BOTH?
2. Leadership is the art of mobilizing others to want to struggle for shared aspirations. Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner
3. A SUCCESSFUL LEADERis a powerful personalityis a self-confident personis a charismaticindividualhas the ability to formone-on-one relationshipsknows how to identifyhis/her strength andweaknessesdisplays high level ofoptimism and confidence
4. Leadership is about reducing fear and increasing hope.It`s inspiring and demonstrating that you care about the people who follow you.
5. Manager vs. LeaderManagement is doing things right; leadership is doing right things. Peter Drucker
6. Lexical Definition Manager Leader a person responsible for a person who leads, controlling or commands a group of administering an people, especially the organization or group of head of a country, an staff; organization; a person who controls the professional and a person who rules, business activities of a guides, or inspires performer etc.; others etc.;
7. Differences (1)Managers manage people. Leaders lead people.Managers navigate the roads to Leaders set destinations. get there.Managers cultivate creating Leaders cultivate change. stability.Managers set plans with details. Leaders set direction.
8. Differences (2) Differences (2) Oversees the current Wants to create the process well future Must achieve balance Needs to make change Thinks execution Thinks ideas Comfortable with control Welcomes risks Managers avoid conflict Leaders use conflict Managers go on the Leaders set new existing roads direction
9. Do organizations need both?
10. YES As you can see managers and leaders are twodifferent people. Smart organizations value both and work hard to make each a part of their team.