1. PLANNING FOR ANCILLARYFRONT COVEREXPLORING PHOTO EDITINGPHOTOSHOP
2. Whenever I use photoshop I change the contrast and brightness because I think it is an effective tool and makes certain features stand out. Here I experimented on the vibrance and saturation. I like the result of decreasing both effects as it makes the image darker and more captivating...I think this is good as it also gives of a scary vibe which is what I am aiming for.Here I experimented on curves to see the effect. I found outthat by increasing the curve the image became brighter andby decreasing the curve the brightness dimmed.
3. Here I experimented on the threshold level...changing from 1 to 218 seeing the effect. Photo on the right (218) is much more distorted and rough, suiting the music more...photo on the left (1) is much more smooth and soft.I cropped the photo to just theface and then imported it ontoa 10cm by 10cm black canvason fireworks.
4. Here I have experimented with the curves of the imageand I like the musky sort of effect it has created bydecreasing the curve. By decreasing the saturation and vibrance I have made the image a lot darker without decreasing the brightness...This is effective and relates to the music and brand. By using the pinch effect on photoshop I am able to alternate the narrowness and wideness of the face...by narrowing the image I am enhancing the scream By adding a lens flare to each eye I have created a much more scary looking image. I believe this is really effective.
5. FILM GRAIN EFFECTS ON ARTISTIC OPTION This is n effective device to enhance the colour of the image.ROUGH PASTELS EFFECT ON ARTISTICOPTIONSI have used this effect in a alot of my photo edits....I think it is asimple and effective device which creates a distortedeffect which connects to the brand. STAMP EFFECT ON SKETCH OPTIONS I love the distorted effect that his creates. It enhances the sort of mental illness aspect of my music video and relates to the confusion of the music.
6. I did the same thing for both of these photos:First I cropped the image on fireworks, savedit as a JPEG and then imported it ontophotoshop. I changed the vibrance andsaturation creating the same effect as theothers. Finished image Looking at the artistic effects I thought the Rough pastels effect was most effective.