1. Assignment on Hospitality(Unit – 7,Hotel Management – Hospitality & Reservations)<br /> Submitted By :Mohd. Mustafa Hussain <br /> Submitted To : Mr. Sunny <br /> Batch Code : H4 <br /> Branch : Hyderabad ,<br />1<br />
2. Content<br /><ul><li>Acknowledgement.
4. Task p1a
5. Task p1b
6. Task p2
7. Task p3a
8. Task p3b
9. Task p4b</li></ul>2<br />
10. Acknowledgement<br />I take this humble opportunity to thank our Hospitality trainer Mr. Sunny for the great support he has given through his training sessions. He taught us the highs and lows of the hospitality industry and making us tackle any situation in our future life. And also helped us a lot in doing this presentation <br />3<br />
11. Domestic Chain of Hotels.<br />4<br /> THE LEELA GROUP OF HOTELS<br />
12. 5<br />
13. Capt.C.P Krishnan Nair.<br />Chairman - The Leela Group of Hotels.<br />6<br />
14. Hotel leela ventureltd is an Indian hotel company, currently with four deluxe hotels, located in Mumbai, Bangalore, Kovalam and Goa. <br />7<br />
17. The company was founded by captain C.P. Krishnan Nair.
18. Capt. Nair served in the Indian national army under Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
19. He helped his father-in-law in the latter's garment export business.
20. While visiting various countries, he realized the need for a luxury hotel chain in India that could measure up to international standards.
21. He went ahead and launched the first hotel in Mumbai as hotel leela, in 1988.
22. The group has then gone ahead to develop fine hotels across the other cities.
23. In Capt. Nair’s case, this vision has flowered, given his unshakeable belief in India's ability to compete with the best in the world as an equal.
24. This belief, forged to a large extent during Capt. Nair’s early years as a freedom fighter in India's fight for independence, finds expression in each of the group’s endeavors. </li></ul>9<br />
25. <ul><li>The leela kempinski, Mumbai and the leela kempinski goa are two of the best hotels in India, and have also won considerable international acclaim. For this to have been achieved in 12 short years is nothing short of remarkable.
26. In fact, the leela kempinski, Mumbai has received many rewards for being the best 5 star deluxe hotel in India, and the leela kempinski goa voted the best luxury beach resort in India.
27. The leela palace kempinski, Bangalore is built in art deco style recreating the grandeur of the Mysore maharajas palace. It is set amidst 8 acres of landscaped garden and waterfalls. It is a palace with the heart of a modern hotel. Its 254 rooms are opulently furnished and are befitting royalty.
28. Fundamental to our business is the all pervasive Indian tradition of hospitality. Secondly, we honor the cultural heritage of India. Lastly, we operate on the basis of world class technology, backed up fully by the commitment of the staff.</li></ul>10<br />
29. The Leela Kempinski Mumbai<br /><ul><li>Set in 11 acres of landscaped gardens, the leela is an enclave of tranquility with landscaped gardens, pools, gently gushing waterfalls, barely swaying coconut & palm trees.
30. A magnificent lobby on 3 levels fit for the likes of the royalty amidst the pomp & grandeur of a musical cascade of running water, overlooking the gold dome to refresh the spirits of the guests.
31. At the leela, the guests are treated to a visual and physical feast of the best of both the worlds- the culture, mystique & hospitality of India v/s the hi tech facilities of a modern hotel.
32. State of the art technology combines with tasteful decor at the leela.
33. All old things are seldom gold, but the leela experience is priceless.</li></ul>11<br />
34. Some pictures of the leela hotel in Mumbai <br />12<br />
35. The Leela Kempinski Bangalore<br /><ul><li>Evoking the architectural glory of Mysore, the leela palace kempinski, Bangalore stands majestically amongst acres of lush green gardens.
36. Here you will find the most spacious and elegantly styled guest rooms in the country.
37. Warm, impeccably trained staff will anticipate and attend to your every need.
38. The leela palace kempinski, Bangalore offers an experience of true world-class luxury.
39. The leela palace kempinski, Bangalore nestled amidst seven acres of lush gardens and a sparkling lagoon in the garden city of Bangalore.
40. Built in an art-deco form drawing inspiration from the architectural style of the royal palace of Mysore and the palaces of the vijayanagar empire, its copper domes, arches and ornate ceilings reflect the grandeur of palaces of a bygone era. </li></ul>13<br />
41. <ul><li>From the hand-woven carpets to the priceless brass antiques, from the hand picked crystal to the finest bone china, everything is the best the world has to offer.
42. Situated on airport road, it is in close proximity to the business district and an easy stroll from the kga golf course.
43. The leela palace has all the attributes of comfort, technology and design associated with one of the leading hotels of the world.
44. State-of-the-art facilities and its regal ambience combine to provide outstanding service that is synonymous with the leela group.
45. The palm lined approach to the hotel leads past an exquisite marble fountain into a windswept lobby that overlooks lush gardens, waterfalls and lily ponds.</li></ul>14<br />
46. 15<br />Some pictures of the leela hotel in Bangalore<br />
47. The leela kempinski goa<br /><ul><li>The leela goa is a sumptuous mix of ancient Indian summer palace and Portuguese-style villa retreat.
48. This top goa luxury resort and spa is set on landscaped gardens, with the 152 rooms, suites and villas - from standard pavilions and lagoon suites to deluxe suites and indulgent royal pool villas, all with scenic views of the Arabian sea and neighboring golf course.
49. The "cherry" in this ensemble is the opulent 418sq m presidential villa.</li></ul>16<br />
50. <ul><li>The self-contained exclusive Club at The Leela, with 15 private villas, has a separate check-in and lap pool.
51. Breakfast, snacks, cocktails and dinner are laid on at the Club Lounge.
52. There's a business centre, banquet facilities, conference facilities and boardrooms, but when work's done, head to the lagoon pool, golf course or gymnasium.
53. The Spa offers muscle-soothing massages and treatments. For the more energetic, there's water sports, cycling and tennis.
54. Apart from great Indian and Guan cuisine, there's a variety of Western and Asian dishes.</li></ul>17<br />
55. Some pictures from The Leela Goa<br />18<br />
56. The leela kempinski kovalam<br /><ul><li>The leela kempinski kovalam beach, Kerala was built to be the ultimate luxury resort for people seeking refuge from big-city stress.
57. This is the precise reason why its stunning location is in very close proximity to nature’s splendors.
58. But if you do want to get out and see how the time honored ways of Kerala living are still practiced, Trivandrum, the capital of Kerala is a short and scenic drive away. </li></ul>19<br />
59. <ul><li>The leela kempinski kovalam beach, Kerala is definitely one of the most stunning luxury resorts in Kerala.
60. But it is also has an equally beautiful alter-ego - of one of the best business hotels in Kerala.
61. One of the few places where you can retreat to do some serious business, the leela kempinski kovalam beach, Kerala has a convention centre that can host about to a thousand delegates, making it the largest beach-side business venue in all of south India.
62. Other venues can handle groups of between 30 and 100 people. </li></ul>20<br />
63. Some pictures of the leela hotel in kovalam<br />21<br />
64. <ul><li>In the agreement signed by the heads of each group, reto wittwer, president & ceo of kempinski, and captain C.P Krishnan Nair, the honorable chairman of the leela palaces and resorts it is mentioned that in addition to the leela kempinski hotels in Mumbai, Bangalore and kovalam, a further five hotels in new Delhi, Gurgaon, Udaipur, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune will be constructed in the next four years.
65. The first of the new hotels under this agreement has already opened in 2005 and will be rechristened as the leela kempinski kovalam beach resort. </li></ul>22<br />
66. The leela kempinski Gurgaon Delhi NCR<br /><ul><li>Strategically located just across the Delhi border, the leela kempinski gurgaon, Delhi (N.C.R.) And the leela residences have the unique feature of a 1 km. Long luxury shopping mall located on the national highway no. 8 leading to gurgaon city.
67. Personalized butler service, an exclusive business club, choice of restaurants and plush board rooms truly makes it the preferred address for all business travelers.
68. Over 21,000 sq.Ft. Of convention spaces, 322 oversized guest rooms and suites, coupled with a business club, heated pool, fitness facilities, SPA and an adjoining premium shopping mall, all under one roof, makes it a preferred international meetings and conference destination.</li></ul>23<br />
69. The Leela Kempinski Pune<br /><ul><li>Just 3.5 kms away from the koregaon airport and in close proximity to the pune golf course, the leela, kempinski pune is being designed as an urban resort with a laid-back feel.
70. Set in four acres, the architecture of this 11 storeyed high-rise building will reflect the grandeur of the Maratha reign.
71. The it park will be a 10 storeyed structure with architecture to match the silicon valleys of the world.
72. Taking luxury to the highest level of comfort the hotel will have an array of specialty restaurants and lounges, a state-of-the-art spa of about 16,000 sq. Ft. That will cater to both the growing social as well as meetings and conferences market. </li></ul>24<br />
73. The leela kempinski Udaipur<br /><ul><li>The leela palace, kempinski Udaipur with its breathtaking view of the aravali mountains stands majestically on the banks of lake pichola.
74. Evoking the grandeur and opulence of a bygone era, all 80 rooms and 5 suites overlook the tranquil waters of the lake.
75. The palace with its open to sky courtyard, lake facing pool, 900 sq. Meter spa, and restaurants with al-fresco dining provide a fairy-tale setting for an authentic royal experience. </li></ul>25<br />
76. The leela kempinski Chennai<br /><ul><li>The leela will soon enter Chennai with the first ever beachfront luxury hotel.
77. The location is the idyllic, prime marina beach stretch, that is rated the second longest in the world.
78. The Chennai property will sprawl over seven acres.
79. The 15-storeyed high-rise hotel will have 380 rooms suites.
80. 20,000 sq.Ft. Will be dedicated to extensive meeting and conference facilities.
81. The architecture inspired by the royal, opulent chettinad dynasty, will be offset by the grand expanse of the azure blue seas.</li></ul>26<br />
82. The leela kempinski Hyderabad Up coming project<br /><ul><li>Hyderabad, ‘THE PEARL CITY OF INDIA' is fast emerging as an IT and BPO centre.
83. The leela palace, kempinski Hyderabad is being constructed on prime location of Banjara Hills.
84. The 186 room hotel operating.</li></ul>27<br />
86. <ul><li>Change and the passage of time have only enriched authentic Indian hospitality.
87. Globalization has shrunk space and time, but the leela group of hotels has succeeded in combining a wealth of experiences into what the world o travel and tourism calls a "package".
88. History, culture, folklore, music, dance, cuisine, costume, arts and crafts, contemporary arts, and the very best in business and conference facilities... </li></ul> All contribute to the leela experience. <br />29<br />
89. International chain of hotels…<br />THE ACCOR GROUP OF HOTELS<br />30<br />
90. Accor, European leader in hotels and tourism, global leader in corporate services, operates in nearly 100 countries with 150,000 employees.<br />31<br />
91. People in Charge of the hotel…<br /> <br />32<br />Serge Weinberg<br />Chairman of the Board of Directors<br />Gilles Pélisson<br />Director and Chief Executive Officer<br />
92. 33<br />
93. <ul><li>With more than 4,000 hotels worldwide, covering all segments from economy to upper upscale, Accor hospitality, the Accor's hotel offering, offers hotel services tailored to each customer’s needs.
94. Accor has long positioned itself in 40 countries around the world as a provider of innovative services to meet growing demand for solutions that enable companies and public institutions to improve productivity, while responding to the legitimate aspirations of their employees and for a better quality of life. </li></ul>34<br />
95. Accor hospitality<br /> Budget brands :<br />Motel 6 : 910 hotels in USA and Canada. <br />Studio 6 : 46 hotels in USA and Canada. <br />Formula 1: 371 hotels in 14 countries. Rebranded and redesigned as F1 hotels in France. <br />Etap : 369 hotels in 11 countries. Etap hotel is implanted in Europe: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Spain, France, great Britain, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland and Switzerland. <br />Accor sold red roof inns in April 2007.<br />Accor global locations<br /> Economy brands :<br />Ibis : 2 stars hotels. 769 hotels in 36 countries. <br /> : 2-3 stars hotels. 35 hotels. The first all seasons hotel opened in France in mid-September 2007. All seasons has already 20 hotels in Australia. <br /> Midscale brands :<br />Suite hotel : 3 stars suites in Europe. 21 hotels in 4 countries. <br />35<br />
96. Mercure hotels : 3 and 4 star hotels. 756 hotels in 49 countries (3rd hotels network in Europe). <br />Adagio : 21 apartment hotels in 4 countries. <br /> Upscale brands :<br />Novotel hotels : 4 stars hotels in 61 countries (387 hotels). <br /> : New boutique hotels with 3 hotels (4 stars) that are remarkable in their personality. They are categorized according to four themes: vision, design, history and panorama. Some were sofitel hotels. <br /> : New brand relaunched in 2007. 5 stars dedicated to travelers, it has 11 hotels.<br /> Luxury brand :<br />Sofitel hotels and resorts, including the new boutique-hotels so by sofitel and top luxury sofitel legend. 172 hotels in 52 countries. <br />36<br />
97. Famous hotels<br />The grand in Amsterdam <br />Old cataract in Aswan<br />Old winter palace in Luxor <br />Mercure hotel Seville <br />Dorint hotel tower <br />Pullman orient express <br />Sofitel dalat palace in dalat <br />Metro pole in Hanoi <br />Grand mercure puka park resort <br />Sofitel Wanda Chengdu<br />Sofitel Wanda Beijing <br />Sofitel Philippine plaza <br />37<br />
98. 38<br />
99. Beijing<br />London West<br />Amsterdam<br />New York <br />Sydney Olympic Park <br />Dubai<br />39<br />
107. 384 hotels..69,272 rooms..58 countries.<br />Modernity, innovation, inviting, fluidity and services, novotel hotels are designed to give customers a “natural living”.<br />Novotel has a presence in city centers and in the main international business centers and at countless tourist destinations.<br />Novotel is permanently strengthening its presence on the five continents: this sustained development has been illustrated in 2007 by the opening of novotel Istanbul marmara in turkey, Accor's first address in the principality of Monaco - novotel Monte Carlo - and a brand new novotel in the heart of Vienna, novotel Wien city. Pursuing its expansion, novotel will be opening in 2008 its first hotel in Saudi Arabia - novotel al anood Riyadh -, the novotel Beijing phoenix in china, prior to the 2008 Olympic games, and its very first hotel in Argentina - novotel Buenos Aires. <br />47<br />
109. Sofitel, the luxury trademark of the Accor group, is established in 51 countries in Europe, Africa, the middle east, pacific Asia, and in north and south America.
110. Because no country or town is like another, sofitel has made each of its hotels throughout the world a unique address.
111. Associating the spirit of each place with standards of modernity, refinement, and absolute comfort, all combine in their own way with the inimitable French way of life.
112. Whether their setting is a great business metropolis like Paris, new York or Bangkok, or nestling in the landscape in Indonesia, Polynesia or brazil, each sofitel hotel offers travelers a genuine haven of peace.
113. So that each guest, for an overnight stay or longer, during a business trip or for a holiday, can enjoy the rich variety of these unique places in comfort and tranquility. </li></ul>48<br />
115. Ibis hotels offer excellent service and quality at the best possible prices: comfortable rooms with bathrooms, a 24-hour reception desk, a cozy bar area, snack service at any time day or night and usually a varied choice of restaurants.
116. Ibis hotels stand out in their category by their strong concentration in city centers and easy access. Assets:
117. Weekend rates valid for Friday, Saturday orSunday…make the most of ibis weekend rates to get away from it all in one of almost 800 ibis hotels in Europe, for a weekend escapade with the one you love or with friends, to see the sight or just to relax...</li></ul>49<br />
119. Warm, individual, human: each mercure hotel has its own personality.
120. Mercure ells forma family united around common values: the personality of each establishment, the quality of the attention reserved to all clients, its cultural reflection of the city and the region…
121. For both business and leisure travel, the mercure network can meet everyexpectation with prime locations in city centers, at the seaside or in the mountains, close to an airport…
122. Looking at technology, most mercure hotels in Europe are now equipped with wi fi wireless technology, available for clients in the lobby, meeting rooms and rooms through contracts signed with major operators.
123. In number of hotels in 2007, mercure was the 3rd largest network in Europe and 16th worldwide. </li></ul>50<br />
125. The cheapest price of the hotel business chain for 1, 2 or 3 persons.
126. Simple and fast booking via hotelformule1.Com, or directly with the hotel.
127. Functional bedrooms for 1, 2 or 3 persons.
128. Bathroom facilities are located right outside the room.
129. Breakfast: a self service breakfast buffet.
130. Reception 24 hours and 7j/ 7.
131. Drink vending machine warm and cold.
132. Distributor of sweet and salty snacks. </li></ul>51<br />
133. <ul><li>Gallery is a collection of remarkable hotels, each with its own distinctive personality and unrivalled heritage – plus a special something that ensures guests always enjoy an unforgettable stay. In line with the gallery spirit of providing a fulsome, authentic hotel experience unlike any other, members of the collection have retained their original names and express their own unique identity.
134. Their history, reflected in their heritage buildings, the famous people who stayed there or the important events they hosted.
135. Their outstanding location, in the historic center of a capital city, on a beachfront or opposite a snow-covered mountain.
136. Their extremely intricate and evocative interior and exterior design, signed by celebrated architects and decorators. </li></ul>52<br />
137. <ul><li>20 hotels..5,116 rooms..6 countries.
138. Pullman is the Accor group’s new chain of upscale hotels, catering especially to the needs of both individual business travelers and groups.
139. The pillars of the distinctive Pullman offer are convivial hospitality, restful tranquility and high-tech connectivity, creating a truly unique experience in business travel.
140. In 2009 Pullman will count 59 hotels in 23 countries across Europe, the Asia-pacific, the middle east and Latin America. Pullman expects to grow to 300 hotels by 2015. </li></ul>53<br />
141. <ul><li>21 hotels…2,734 rooms…4 countries.
142. Suite hotel, the latest addition to Accor hotels range, has been inviting you to experience a new way of hotel living since 1999.
143. This three-star chain offers large spaces that can be privatized and rearranged, built with high quality materials and perfectly adaptable to your needs.
144. Suite hotels are intended for customers who are looking for hotels that promise comfort, foster independence and provide internet access at low prices.
145. Suite hotel welcomes you into large rooms, real modular living areas, where you will have 30m.Sq. Just for you.
146. You can appropriate the room for meetings, have meals or relax with your family or friends, by arranging the room as you wish.
147. Suite hotel meets the needs of customers in search of well-being and independence.</li></ul>54<br />
148. Accor in India…<br /><ul><li>Accor group has plans to set up 200 hotels in India.
149. Accor has recently launched its first newly built hotel in India- novotel Hyderabad.
150. The hotel has 287 spacious rooms and features two restaurants, swimming pool, fitness centre and business centre.</li></ul>55<br />
151. <ul><li>Accor launches new concept at Dubai world trade center.</li></ul>56<br />
152. 57<br />
153. 58<br />
154. Luxury Hotel in Hyderabad<br />59<br />
155. 60<br />
156. The park hotels is a chain of five star hotels in India . the park hotels belong to the Apeejay Surrendra group. Luxury boutique hotel .<br />61<br />
157. 62<br />
158. 63<br />
159. 64<br />
160. 65<br />
161. The Park Hotel Is Located In The Heart Of The Business, Shopping & Entertainment Centre Of The City. TransportationFromDistanceTimeByRajiv Gandhi International Airport 37 Kms 45 Mins CarNampally Railway Station 5 Kms 20 Mins CarSecunderabad Railway Station 10 Kms 30 Mins Car Accommodation270 rooms – which includes the presidential suite along with 9 signature suites, 4 panoramic suites, 6 trillion suites, 50 the residence rooms, 7 trillion studios, 5 trillion rooms, 40 lake view rooms, 47 deluxe rooms and 101 verandah rooms. Presidential suite category: five star deluxe boutique <br />66<br />
162. Hotel Amenities<br />Newspaper of choiceDoctor on call No smoking rooms Currency exchange24hrs car hire Travel servicesBaby sitting Free car parking valet services Confectionery shop. Voice mailInternational direct dial EmailWireless internet facilitiesSafe deposit lockers In-safes Minibar 42” lcd television In-room temperature control Hairdryers In- house laundry Fresh flowers Seasonal fruits<br />67<br />
163. 68<br />
164. A Semi-luxury hotel in Hyderabad<br />69<br />
165. 70<br />
166. 71<br />
167. 72<br />
168. The Golconda hotel Hyderabad is an exclusive business chic hotel located at the foot of banjara hills and very near to the hitec city and other business centres. The Golconda hotel Hyderabad is an ideal hotel for both business and leisure traveller and is very close to the Hyderabad international airport. For those who want to travel to Hyderabad, the Golconda hotel is only moments away from the city’s main commercial, shopping and entertainment hubs. This Golconda is beautifully furnished in contemporary style with lavish use of glass, wood and steel, providing a distinctive level of luxury, comfort, impeccable service and value for money. Accommodationretreat to a space that is contemporary, comfortable, chic and life stylish. Luxurious accents and thoughtful room details were designed with the business and leisure traveller in mind. The discerning traveller will find each guest room warm, inviting, and hard to leave<br />73<br />
169. In-Room Amenities and Services Mini bar » Travel DeskDoctor on call » Swimming PoolIn house Laundry » Novelty & Book shopTea/Coffee maker » Bottled drinking water24-hour In-room dining service » 32" flat panel TelevisionButler and Valet service on demand secretarial services Business Direct Dialling facilityFree Wireless Internet accessWellness Centre Gym, Steam roomIndividually controlled air-conditioning <br />74<br />
170. 75<br />
171. The Budget HotelThe Platinum hotel<br />76<br />
172. 77<br />
173. 78<br />
174. 79<br />
175. THE PLATINUM, HyderabadSubtle shades of brown dominate the decor of this contemporary-style business hotel, which is located near to the MCH head office. Guests can stay in any of the 32 rooms and dine in the classy ambiance of the clove restaurant, which serve multi-cuisine fare. There is a well-equipped business centre at the lobby level and six banquet venues, including a lawn space, which can be used for conferences and private functions and which can cater 10 to 500 pax.HOTEL POLICY: The Platinum, Hyderabad Check-In Time: Any TimeCheck-Out Time: Any Time<br />80<br />
176. Hotel AmenitiesBottled water in room(complimentary)Iron/ironing boardMinibarMulti-line phonePremium TV channelsTelevision-RoomTelephone-RoomH/C running waterToothbrush/Razor on requestTea Coffee MakerAttached Bathroom <br />81<br />
177. Fine diningHotel The Platinum usp is authentic cuisine to suit different tastes. For freshness, variety, quality and value for money, our cuisine is unrivalled. At the platinum hotel is a multicuisine restaurant and you can enjoy a delightful gastronomic experience in veg and non veg food featuring south Indian, Tandoori, Chinese, etc. <br />82<br />
178. 83<br />
179. 84<br />
180. Guest Cycle<br />85<br />
181. Guest Cycle Reservation for FFIT STEP 1:The reservation request, which is received through any of the modes of reservation is noted down on a RR envelope after checking the wall charts or CRS chart for the availability status of rooms. The following details must be taken:- a) Name of the guest and accompanying persons. b) Designation, company name and address. c) Date of arrival. d) Date of departure. e) Mode of arrival and time. f) Room type and meal plans and packages if any. g) Mode of payment. h) Method of guarantee.i) Special instructions like A/P pick-up, preference of rooms, etc,. j) Name and contact no. of the caller. <br />86<br />
182. STEP 2:The reservation is automatically updated in the room wall charts i.e. the density chart or advance letting chart and the room status boards.STEP 3:A confirmation voucher is issued against the reservation request and the reservation documents along with all correspondence is filed alphabetically and date-wise and retrieved only the evening prior to the date of arrival.<br />87<br />
183. Free Foreign Individual Traveler (FFIT)On Arrival:Welcome Guest.Ascertain room requirement, cross check with the Movement list.Hand over the Guest Registration Card (GRC) along with an open pen to the guest. Assist the guest in filling up the GRC.Ensure that you have all the details on the GRC filled in properly. Pay special attention to the following:- a) Spellings of the Guest’s name. b) Complete postal address of the guest. c) Expected date and time of departure. d) Complete passport details of the foreigners. e) Details of “Certificate of Registration” from foreigners who have stayed in India for more than 90 days . f) Guest Signature.Introduce guest to the bell boy, having over key to the bell boy and wish your guest a pleasant stay.<br />88<br />
184. Post Arrival:Sign the GRC.Make notification slip and update the Room Rack and Information Rack.Tick the guests name in the movement list and write down room no. allotted against guest’s name.Make entry in the arrival register.Open bill folio and note down billing instructions in full on to it.Update room position. For every FFIT, a separate C-Form is to be made.Pre Arrival:Take out all the documents pertaining to the Group and staple them together.Check Group room requirement from the voucher or confirmation letter and note any special rooming requirement.Ensure that keys of all the rooms are available at the reception.<br />89<br />
185. 90<br />
186. <ul><li> Housekeeping department considered to be the backbone of a hotel</li></ul>As far as housekeeping is concerned, it is the backbone of a hotel. The housekeeping department is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the entire hotel. One of the first impressions a guest forms when he walks into a hotel is a reflection on the housekeeping department - how clean well maintained the surroundings are .No hotel can function without this department because it oversees everything from guest rooms, public areas, laundry, linen, horticulture and flower arrangement, and maintenance housekeeping machinery which is now becoming increasingly high-tech. <br />91<br />
187. ORGANISATION CHART 5 STAR HOTELGeneral ManagerResidential ManagerExecutive / Front Office ManagerAssistant Housekeeping / Deputy Housekeeping<br />92<br />
188. Linen RoomLinen is a textile made from the fibers of the flax plant, Linen usitatissimum. Linen is labor-intensive to manufacture, but when it is made into garments, it is valued for its exceptional coolness and freshness in hot weather.Laundry Service A room for doing the family wash a commercial laundering establishment clothes or linens that have been or are to Laundry is a noun that refers to the act of washing clothes and linens, the place where that washing is done, and/or that which needs to be, is being, or has been laundered.<br />93<br />
189. Horticulture DepartmentHorticulturists work in plant propagation , crop production, plant breeding and genetic engineering , plant biochemistry , plant physic logical, and the storage, processing, and transportation of fruits, berries, nuts, vegetables, flowers, trees, shrubs, and turf. <br />94<br />
190. 95<br />
191. 96<br />
192. <ul><li> During the guest stay the services provided by the housekeeping departmentCleaning of rooms on a daily bases and provide second service in case the guest requests They provide laundry services They provide valet service They provide shoe shine service They provide the guest with flowers incase of request They provide evening serviceDry cleaning Frowning (laundry) </li></ul>97<br />
193. 98<br />
194. Fidelio Hotel Management SystemFidelio Hotel Management System is an integrated system.Benefits:It is an eco friendly as it reduces paper. Eliminates filling and storage cost.Hotels connected with this system will be seen by potential bookers around the world 24hours a day.Can offer negotiated rates that are only visible to corporate customers normal public rates will be available to everyone automatically.Offers connectivity to all Global Distribution Systems (GDS), with a private label service if required. <br />99<br />
195. INTRODUCTION OF MICROS FIDELIO <br /><ul><li>Micro Fidelio international wholly owned subsidiary by micro system head quartered at Munich, Beltsville Germany.
196. In the year 1977 it was over taken by micros USA named as Pico's manufacturing.
197. In the year 1978 fuel fledged version of micros Fidelio was released with version Opera 220.127.116.11 service pack head quartered at Columbia, Maryland-USA
198. It is an Oracle based system that serves as a tool to manage the booking sources as well as travel agents, company's and guest history profiles.
199. It is an international solution that empowers, organizations with a fully integrated, flexible E-business solution includes fully multi currency support.</li></li></ul><li>MICROS <br />(Modular Integrated Cash Registering Operating System)<br />It is fully multi-dimensional analysis extending across all modules, delivers powerful management information to the whole organization.<br />It is built around one central databases, information needs to be entered only once, and local hoteliers can easily obtain guest histories to determine accommodation preferences.<br />This industry mainly deals with hospitality support system, computer hardware & software services.<br />It is considered as most friendly user software for hospitality industry to view, generated & modify guest profiles.<br />It is an opera version provides fast, adaptable why to extract data from hotel system i.e.7.13.1600.14<br />It has the ability to cope-up with the other interfaces such as inventory system, fax, modem, telephone, scanner, printer and other peripherals.<br />Other products are MICROS 9700 hospitality management system and RES 4.0,AISFD & other Opera version's <br />
200. FEATURES OF MICROS FIDELIO <br /><ul><li>It is a user friendly operating supports up to 1 lakh reservations and 30 languages, 80 folios, 800 reports can be generated, 13,000 hotels and 18,000 restaurants can be viewed.
201. It takes minimum 15 days to install and maximum 6 months. It differs from hotel.
202. After night auditing it displays 137 rooms. Completion of auditing it shows 140 rooms.
203. The three are pseudo/paymaster/postmaster.</li></li></ul><li>Reservation can be delivered by Fax, E-mail and an interference is also provided so that the reservations detail sent from Fidelio do not have to be entered manually.The 2-way Interface will be able to update what rates and rooms customer wants available in this system automatically from Front Office.<br />103<br />
204. conclusion I would like to conclude by saying that through this task I have learnt many things. This is because of the guidance of my beloved sir Mr. Sunny. Through his guidance and my hard work today I am able to present the task .<br />104<br />