Add your title
PROFRSSIONAL BUSINESS TEMPLATE
• Literature Survey
• Need for AI in power systems
• Artificial Intelligance Techniques
• Case Study
• Application of AI Systems In Transmission Line
An electric power system is a network of
electric components used to supply,transmit
and to use electric power.Power system
engineering is a sub division of electrical
engineering that deals with
generation,transmission, distribution and
utilisation of electric power and electrical
devices connected to such systems like
generators,motors and transformers.
Commonly ,artificial intelligance is
known to be the intelligance exhibited
by machines and software,for
example:Robots and computer
The term is generally used to the
project of developing systems
equipped with the intellectual
processes features and characteristics
of humans,like the ability to think,find
from past experience or rectify their
• International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research in may
2016 on Artificial Intelligence in Power Station by Aruna Kumar D
R,Murali Mohan B M.
• Artificial Intelligence:An Overview by Vasant Honavar revised center for
commutational Intelligence on August 21,2006.
• Application of artificial intelligence in electrical power systems by
Shahbaz Hussain,Rasid published in IEEE 2020.
Power system analysis by conventional techniques becomes more difficult
Complex, versatile and large amount of information which is used in
calculation ,diagnosis and learning.
Increase in the computational time period and accuracy due to extensive
and vast system data handling.
Three major families of AI techniques are considered to be applied in
modern power system protection
Expert System Techniques(XPSs)
Artificial Neural Networks(ANNs)
Fuzzy Logic Systems (FL)
• An expert system obtains the knowledge of a
human expert in a narrow specified domain into
a machine implementable form.
• Expert systems are computer programs which
have proficiency and competence in a particular
• They are also called as knowledge based
systems or rule based systems.
• Expert systems use the interface mechanism and
knowledge to solve problems which cannot be
or difficult to be solved by human skill and
• Since expert systems are basically computer programs ,the process of
writing codes for these programs is simpler than actually calculating
and estimating the value of parameters used in generation,transmission
• Any modifications even after design can be easily done because they
are computer programs.
• Virtually estimation of these values can be done and further research
for increasing the efficiency of the process can be also performed.
• Artificial neural network are biologically
inspired systems which convert a set of
inputs into a set of outputs by a network of
neurons,where each neuron produces one
output as a function of inputs.
• As ANNs operate on biological instincts
and perform biological evaluation of real
world problems,the problems in
generation,transmission and distribution of
electricity can be fed to ANNs so that a
suitable solution can be obtained.
• Fuzzy logic or Fuzzy systems are logical systems for standardisation
and formalization of approximate reasoning.
• It is similar to human decision making with an ability to produce exact
and accurate solutions from certain or even approximate information
• Fuzzy logic is the way like which human brain works and we can use
this technology in machines so that they can perform somewhat like
• Used for designing the physical components of power systems.
• Used to increase the efficiency of the components used in power
• A team led by scientists at the London-based artificial-intelligence company DeepMind
has developed a machine-learning model that suggests a molecule’s characteristics by
predicting the distribution of electrons within it. The approach, described in the 10
December issue of science, can calculate the properties of some molecules more
accurately than existing techniques.
• South Korea will soon roll out a pilot project to use artificial intelligence, facial
recognition and thousands of CCTV cameras to track the movement of people infected
with the coronavirus, despite concerns about the invasion of privacy.
FEATURE XPs ANNs FL
Knowledge used Expert knowledge in the
Information extracted from
the training set of cases.
Expert knowledge in the
form of protection criteria.
Trouble shooting and
improving a relay
Change of rules required. Difficult-the internal
singnals are almost
impossible to interpret.
signals are understandable
Self-Learning Possible Natural Possible
Robustness Not-critical and easy to
Difficult to ensure. Not-critical and easy to
• If any fault occurs in thet transmission line,the fault detector detects the
fault and feeds it to the fuzzy system.Only three line currents are sufficient
to implement this technique and the angular difference between fault and
pre-fault current phasors are used as inputs to the fuzzy system.Fuzzy
systems can be generally used for fault diagnosis.
• Artificial Neural Networks and Expert systems can be used to improve the
performance of the line.The expert systems are computer programs which
provide the value of line parameters to be deployed as the output.
Plenty of research is performed to utilize the current interest AI for
power system applications and to preceive full advantages of this
upcoming technology for improving the efficiency of electricity market
investment,distributed control and monitoring ,efficient system
analysis,particularly power systems which use renewable energy
resources for operation.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.