4. 2. Secondary education
• 3 Grades
• Ages: 13-15
• There are
• 3 Grades
• Ages: 15-18
• The transition from
one class to another is
done with exams
6. General High School
• The transition from one class to another is done with exams.
• The 1st Grade has General Education courses.
• In the 2nd Grade the majority of courses are general education and
2 specialization courses (5hours/week).
• In the 3rd Grade there are 4 specialization courses (24 hours/week)
and 3 General Courses education.
• The transition to university is done with exams.
7. Technical High School
• The transition from one class to another is done with examination.
• The 1st Grade has General Education courses (29 hours) and 3
specialization courses (6 hours)
• In 2nd Grade, 9 general education subjects are taught (12 hours) and
specialization courses (23 hours)
• In 3rd Grade General Courses are taught (12 hours) and specialization
courses (23 hours)
• Percentage of students entering by exams in higher education.
8. Lessons in the 1st Grade of H.S
2nd Foreign language
9. Lessons in the 2nd Grade of H.S
● Greek language
● Greek literature
● Ancient Greek
● Ancient Greek
General education (7h)
Religions P.E English
Lessons in the 3rd Grade of H.S
Specialization courses (24h)
11. Pan-hellenic Exams
• It is an institution of the Greek state for the admission of high school
students to the country universities.
• They take place at the end of the school year, between May and June,
every year for the students of the 3rd Lyceum and are organized by the
Ministry of Education and Religion.
• It is graded on a 20-point scale. Specific conditions and rules apply to the
separate types of High School for the Pan-hellenic examinations. There is a
small difference between the General High School and the Technical.
• Very important to get into university
12. Private lessons-Tutorial schools
• Private lessons or Tutorial schools are an integral part
of a Greek student’s routine.
• Plethora of time, school is not enough for greek
students. So, to cover their needs or to fill the
educational void, students (especially in high school) ,
hire teachers (that don’t work in schools) or go to
tutorial schools. These lessons are taking part in the
13. Bank for Exams
• In education in Greece, the Subject Bank of Graded Difficulty
is a database of information. As an institution of the Institute
of Educational Policy, it was implemented for the first time
in the 2013-2014 school year in the 1st Class and 2nd Class of
the General and Vocational High School. It was applied to the
same classes again, for the exams of the school year 2021-
2022. According to Law the Subject.
• Bank has the role of drawing 50% of the subjects in the High
School exams for all subjects that are examined in writing.
15. CREDITS: This presentation template was created by Slidesgo, including icons
by Flaticon, and infographics & images by Freepik.
Do you have any questions?
Alexandros Bormpoudakis – Eftihia Charalampous (A-Z)