2. • Cyber security refers to the body of technologies,
processes, and practices designed to protect networks,
devices, programs, and data from attack, damage, or
unauthorized access. Cyber security may also be referred
to as information technology security.
• With an increasing amount of people getting connected
to internet, the security threats that cause massive harm
are increasing also.
• The objective of cyber security is to establish rules and
measure to use against attacks over the internet.
3. • Cybercrime is any criminal activity that involves a computer,
networked device or a network. While most cybercrimes are carried
out in order to generate profit for the cybercriminals, some
cybercrimes are carried out against computers or devices directly to
damage or disable them, while others use computers or networks
to spread malware, illegal information, images or other materials.
Some cybercrimes do both -- i.e., target computers to infect them
with viruses, which are then spread to other machines and,
sometimes, entire networks.
• Other forms include ''digital'', ''electronic'', ''virtual'', ''it'', high-tech
and technologly-enabled crime.
4. • We can categorize cyber in two ways:-
• The computer as a target: Using a computer to attacks other
e.g.-Hacking, Virus/worms attacks, DOS attack etc.
> The computer as a weapon:Using a computer to commit real
e.g.-credit card fraud etc.
5. • 1969 professor of UCLA sent message to standard Resarch Institute ''login''
• 1970 Bob Thomas created first virus namely ' Creeper'
-“I’M THE CREEPER: CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.”
- 1972 Reaper, the first antivirus software—which would chase Creeper
and delete it.
- 1986 Russian used Cyber power as weapons.
• The first Virus was installed on an Apple Computer in 1982.
6. • It is a criminal activity committed on the internet.
• Cyber crime-where computer is either a tool or target or both.
7. What is the
What is the need
of Cyber Security
How to implanted
and maintain security of a
cyber field around
What are the security
problems in CYBER
It is a combining form relating to information technology,
the internet, and virtual reality.
13. • A Virus is a program that is loaded into your computer without your
knowledge and runs against your wishes
14. • Install a security suite that protect the computer against
threats such as viruses and worms.
16. • Hackers are the person who use computer system to gain access to
• They use there skills for specific goals like-
a) Stealing Money
b) Gaining Fame
c) Stoling Data
d) Destroying Data
17. Mainly hackers are of three types each
having particular goals-
• White Hat hacker
• Grey Hat hacker
• Black hat hacker
18. Black Hat’ Hackers
• The black hat hackers are also called bad guys. They are mainly
responsible for creating malware
• They use there skills to stole money and data by breaking the security
• They do illegal activity.
White Hat’ Hackers
• White-hat hackers, on the other hand, are good guys . They are also
called ethical hackers.
• These type of hackers usually work for company or organisation for
defensive purpose .
• They prevent computer and network against black hat hackers.
• They are generally not involved in the illegal activities
19. Grey Hat’ Hackers
• Grey hats exploit networks and computer systems in the way that black hats
• They are doing legal as well as illegal work depending on what type of work
they are intersted
• They may provide security or may stole data and destroy the system
20. • It may be impossible to prevent computer hacking, however effective
security controls including strong password, and the use of firewalls can
21. • The word MALWARE comes from
the terms ''MALicious softWARE.''
• Malware is any software that
infects and damages a computer
system without the owner`s
knowledge or permission.
22. • Download an anti malware
program that also helps prevent
• Activate Network threat
protection, Firewall, Antivirus.
23. • Trojan horses are email viruses
that can duplicate themselves,
steal information, or harm the
• These viruses are the most serious
threats to computer.
24. • Security suites, such as Avast
Internet Security, will prevent you
from downloading Trojans
25. • To retrieve password for authorize access purpose (misplacing, missing)
due to various reason.
• Password attacks are by hackers that able to determine password or find
password to different protected electronic areas and social network sites.
26. Password characterstics
• No short length
• No birthday or phone number, real name, company
• Dont use complete words or quotes
these are easy to remember and hard to guess
27. • Use always strong password.
• Never use same password for two different sites.
• Dont use working or private email for every website
registration such as games, news.....etc
28. • Phishing is a method of trying to gather personal information
using deceptive e-mails and websites.
• Phishing attacks are the practice of sending fraudulent
communications that appear to come from a reputable source.
It is usually done through email. The goal is to steal sensitive
data like credit card and login information, or to install malware
on the victim’s machine. Phishing is a common type of cyber
attack that everyone should learn about in order to protect
30. 1)In 2016, 3 billion Yahoo accounts were hacked in one of the biggest
breaches of all time.
2)In 2016, Uber reported that hackers stole the information of over 57
million riders and drivers.
3)31% of organizations have experienced cyber attacks on operational
technology infrastructure. (Cisco)
4)In 2017, 412 million user accounts were stolen from Friendfinder’s sites.
5)100,000 groups in at least 150 countries and more than 400,000 machines
were infected by the Wannacry virus in 2017, at a total cost of around $4
31. • Use antivirus software
• Insert firewalls.
• Uninstall unnecessary software.
• Maintain backup.
• Check security setting.
• Never give your full name or address to strangers.
• Learn more about internet privacy.
32. • It will Defend us from hacks and virus.
• It helps us to Browse the safe website.
• the cyber security will defend us from critical attacks
• The application of cyber security used in our PC needs update
• The security developers will update their database every week
once.Hence the new virus also detected.