SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
has brought a whole new level of
Personal Marketing to the world
of business. It fulfils people’s
desire to communicate and
interact with each other and
uses that power to help other
companies target very specific
audiences with personalized
• Facebook was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg.
• It was earlier only accessible from inside Harvard.
• Success of facebook was evident from beginning.
• Within 2 years, it had spread throughout the globe.
• Currently it has over 500 million active users.
• It is the most successful venture in the field of
personal marketing that made Mark a business tycoon.
Facebook has become a crucial
marketing for just about any brand for
• It implements Direct Marketing and
delivers the goods and services to the
customers without any marketing
middlemen thereby saving lot of money
•Facebook bypasses the high and increasing
costs of reaching business markets through a
• It ensures that the
companies know enough about each consumer
to customize and personalize offers.
• Facebook allows various potential clients to
create pages where they can personally
interact, build awareness and communicate
with anyone who takes interest.
• Facebook provides a channel for interaction
between the company and its prospective
• Companies can make their own online
communities inviting participation from
consumers and creating a long term marketing
asset in the process.
• A number of advertisements appear in the
news feed in facebook which are an effective
way of marketing a product.
• Even the politics from around the world push
their campaigns and communicate with
supporters on a local, personalized basis.
• Facebook also offers targeted advertising
opportunities. Banner ads can target
individuals by demographic or keywords based
on the specific information they have placed on
• Companies use facebook to target consumers
regionally, promote specific labels within the
company and give a personal touch.
• Consumers us Word of Mouth to talk about dozens of
brands each day. Who doesn’t talk about facebook!!
• This leads to an automatic marketing of facebook as
nowadays facebook is a compulsion if you belong to
• In a survey, college students named Facebook as the
second most popular thing in their undergraduate
• Increasing word of mouth marketing for the client
companies is driven by communities, pages, etc. on
• Facebook also uses Viral Marketing method
and encourages people to exchange online
information related to a product or service.
• Facebook tends to have more upscale,
educated, desirable demographic than the
competitive social networks.
• This makes Facebook the highest paid entity
for advertising ads.
• Keeping Personal and Public Facebook
One of the top concerns you might have about mixing
your marketing messages with your personal profile is
keeping your personal things personal.
• Suggest your page to Friends
If you have lots of friends on Facebook but not lots of
fans on your business page,
you can suggest your business page to them.
• Segment Friend lists for Targeted messaging
When it comes to posting updates on your Facebook
business page, you can either send your update
publicly or target it to people in a specific location.
Widening exposure of member information 2011:
In 2010, the Electronic Frontier Foundation identified
two personal information aggregation techniques
called ”connections” and ”instant personalization”.
They demonstrated that anyone could get access to
information saved to a Facebook profile, even if the
information was not intended to be made public.
A ”connection” is created when a user clicks a “Bike”
button for a product or service, either on Facebook
itself or an external site. Facebook treats such
relationships as public information, and
the user’s identity may be displayed on the Facebook
page of the product or service.
News Feed and Mini-Feed
On September 5, 2006, Facebook introduced
two new features called “News Feed” and “Mini-
Feed”. The first of the new features, News Feed,
appears on every Facebook member’s home page,
displaying recent Facebook activities of the
member’s friends. The second feature, Mini-Feed,
keeps a log of similar events on each member’s
profile page. Members can manually delete items
from their Mini-Feeds if they wish to do so, and
through privacy settings can control what is
actually published in their respective Mini-Feeds.
The following can be some possible
• Develop user-centric privacy control to
give customers control.
• Avoid multiple intrusions.
• Prevent human intrusion by using
automation wherever possible.
• Let your consumers know you value their
privacy and publicize what you are doing to
keep their information secure.
• Let consumers know when their
information is being disclosed. If you
plan to use their information later on,
tell them at the time of asking for the
• Tell them why you’re asking for their
information# and be honest.
Facebook has become a crucial marketing for every
brand. It provides the best Marketing platform for
companies of all types. In 2010, facebook surpassed
google as the top website in the world. Fcebook has
become an important part of consumers’ everyday
lives and therefore a critical component in personal
Created by Aditya Srivastava
of IIT Kanpur during a Marketing
Internship by Prof. Sameer
Mathur, IIM Lucknow.