•Engro foods chairman:- Abdul Samad Dawood.
•Engro foods CEO:- Babur Sultan.
•Engro Foods (EFOODS) is one of the top FMCG companies
•The company was created under the umbrella of Engro
Corporation in 2005.
• Started its business operations in March 2006.
• The company opened two processing plants at sukkur and
sahiwal and has established itself as a major player in the
•The Sahiwal plant, which has the capacity of 1.3 million litres,
drained almost 5 million litres of contaminated milk in the last
•The plant has been established at a cost of Rs. 1 billion
which provides direct employment to 750 people.
“Engro’s mission is two fold, to help farmers maximize their farm product by providing
quality plant nutrients and technical services upon which they can depend. To create
wealth by building new businesses based on company and country strengths in
petrochemicals, information technology, infrastructure, food and other agriculture sectors”
“Engro’s vision is to become a fast expanding mega foods company. To achieve there vision,
the company will initially focus on dairy by investing a substantial amount in plant, milk
collection capability and marketing. They are making concrete efforts to expand in and
beyond Pakistan; through strategic international alliances, to eventually become global."
Engro support its leadership culture through unique systems and policies which ensure
open communication, foster an environment of employee and partner privacy, and
guarantee the well being and safety of employees. Engro’s core values form the basis of
everything they do at Engro; from formal decision making to how they conduct there
business to spot awards and recognition. At Engro they never forget what they stand for.
Following are engro’s core values:
ethics and integrity
health, safety and environment
innovation and risk-taking
community and society
4. BRAND PORTFOLIO
1. Olper’s Milk “The Milk of Choice for All Occasions”
2. Olper’s Cream “The cream of all creams”
3. Olper’s Tarrka “Indulge in the goodness of life”
4. Tarang “Tarang in your tea-cup makes for sheer bliss…”
5. Omorè “Ice-cream and frozen desserts”
6. Omung Dobala “The strength of a good morning”
7. Olper’s Lite “Look Great, Feel Greater”
8. Dairy Omung “Rise up to a better life”
9. Olper’s Lassi “The goodness of milk & yoghurt in one satisfying gulp"
1. The Ecolean package is convenient to use.
2. It’s easy to grip, open, pouring and storing, along with the microwave friendly Mini jug
pack with an air handle and scissor free tear option.
3. Ecolean offers innovative packaging that stands out both in the store and the home
4. This brand continues to offer its consumers consistent value adding benefits to ensure
an enriched brand experience.
Tetra Pack Packaging:
1. Olper’s delivers fresh milk to its customer via using tetra pack, without sacrificing in health
2. Tetra pack is basically six layers packing used to make the package stable, yet light weight.
3. Thin layers of polyethylene - a common plastic - are added to seal in the liquid and protect
it from external moisture.
4. A thin layer of aluminum foil protects products from oxygen, flavors and light.
6. THE RED COLOR
“Picking red as the brand color was far an inspired choice”
• Olper’s went with red as it’s color-a color far removed from the
greens and blues that had become synonymous with packaged milk.
• The color also helped to enhance the in-store visibility and presence
for olper’s packaged milk, and the brand was instantly disassociated
from its competition.
• The red color that has been chosen for the packaging of Olper's
milk is quite eye-catching and distinctive than the colors that have
been used in Pakistan in the milking sector till now.
• The brand Red color also worked to ensure it established an image
of being healthy and natural product.
• The unique red color, became the soul of the olper’s brand identity
across various media outlets.
7. BRAND POSITIONING:
• Positioning the brand positioning involves designing the
product and image that will occupy a distinctive place in
the minds of the target market.
• The marketers at olpers have decided to create its own
unique image and then strengthen the position in the mind
of customers by positioning the brand for all purpose milk
that is meant for everyone, especially those who live life to
• Olpers always tries to create customer intimacy that is it
focuses on satisfying the customers unmet needs.
• Olpers ads also show attributes of milk such as good for
health. Olpers cream is positioned as good for a specific use
Engro’s motto is, "Quality in all we do”.
Engro believe that quality and a relentless commitment to continuous
improvement are essential to engro’s ongoing success. To this end, engro
define quality as understanding the customer's expectations, agreeing on
performance and value, and providing products and services that meet
expectations 100 percent of the time.
Advantages of UHT milk
The D and Z valves are higher for quality factors than microorganisms. The reduction in
process time due to higher temperature (UHTST) and the minimal come-up and cool-down
time leads to a higher quality product.
Long shelf life:
Greater than 3 months, without refrigeration, can be expected.
Both cost of package and storage and transportation costs; laminated packaging allows for
use of extensive graphics.
9. Marketing Mix
•Olpers milk Launched on March 20th, 2006.
• Main raw material for Olpers milk is UHT (Ultra heat treated) milk with 3.5 % fat and 8.9 %
•Olper’s milk is EFL’s standardized and homogenized pure.
•This product is available in easy-to-open, 6-layered Tetra Pak Brick Aseptic red packaging and
comes with a 3 months shelf life.
•EFL is pursuing the competitive pricing strategy for its products.
•Engro foods olpers milk pricing are around the same level as its competitors.
•The pricing of each Size pack is different based on the customer’s need who is going to buy it.
• Bulk purchase discount is also provided at the whole sale markets as well as at the market
•Olper’s has its own sales and distribution network.
•Olper’s is available in 80 cities in Pakistan.
•Due to EFL’s strong relationship building and special discounts to retail outlets, Olper’s
has gained a proper placement in the presence of competitors like Nestle and Nurpur.
•Olper’s launched with TVCs, print ads, radio commercials, billboards and plenty of BTL
(below the line) activities including direct consumer and shop branding activities.
•In December 18, 2013- Market-leading food company Engro Foods in Pakistan
recently launched its flagship milk brand Olper’s in Ecolean’s lightweight packaging.
The unique shape and large printing surface of Ecolean’s 250 ml Aseptic package will
make Olper’s brand stand out on store shelves in a category dominated by traditional
11. MARKET SEGMENTATION OF OLPERS
• Olper’s has been positioned as a brand for high income earners.
• Opers milk is for all age men and women.
• Due to the income factor involved it can be said that Olpers milk
target a specific social class who are health conscious and concerned
about their weight.”
• The market for those who are goal oriented and focused on their
careers, and experience.
• Those who are seeking variety in milk sector.
• Who want to be successful have high aims and are already doing
quite well in their concerned fields.
• They are targeting believers, traditional conservative people with
12. Behavioral Segmentation:
• Olpers product have been segmented on the basis of benefits
that consumer seek in the milk.
• In this case, people look for a brand that can be used for all
purpose from drinking to tea whiteners.
• Geographic segmentation is done using the spatial location to
segment the market.
• Markets are mainly divided into the rural and urban areas.
• An estimated 9 to 12 million liters of milk every year are
consumed by the urban consumers in Pakistan.
• A large segment belongs to the northern and rural areas
of Pakistan will be covered by Olpers because of strong
13. SWOT ANALYSIS OF OPLER’S MILK:
•The brand name “Engro” provides a strong back to the milk in the market.
•personal relationship with farmers.
•Positive response from customers along with Strong consumer.
•product research become the challenging strength for the Olper’s milk.
•Owning red color sometimes become the weakness of the company. Red color is sign on danger and negativity.
•Low quality milk and packaging, Milk collection and distribution cost plus Narrow brand portfolio also become the
weakness of the company.
•The company may need to find a suitable color in which to focus its upcoming marketing strategies.
•Government has decided to increase framers funding. This is an opportunity for Engro by which farmer will be able
to store the milk for longer time than previous one.
•Growing dissatisfaction with open milk and increasing awareness about health and hygiene issues have led to
increased processed milk consumption.
•Competition may create opportunities for the company because Each competitor in the milk industry wants to
increase penetration of processed liquid milk so they will create awareness for consumer through different
•Competition may pose a threat, For Olper’s it might be difficult to penetrate in market where the loyalties exist for
such brands as Nestle and nurpur.
•Consumers’ perceptions and price differentials can cause a threat for the company.
•Engro Foods, a subsidiary of Engro Chemicals Pakistan started its business
operations in March 2006. Engro Food is a quality conscious company and
customer focus company.
•Olper's Milk is available in 3 SKUs 250ml Mini jug in Ecolean Packaging,
1000ml Edge with cap and 1500ml Family Brick in Tetra packaging. The new
packaging and the change in tactics across the board will help Engro in
achieving its goals of becoming the number one milk brand in all
households. Olper’s delivers fresh milk to its customer via using tetra pack,
without sacrificing in health measures.
•Engro’s motto is, "Quality in all we do”.
•The red color that has been chosen for the packaging of Olper's milk is
quite eye-catching and distinctive than the colors that have been used in
Pakistan in the milking sector till now.
•Competition may create opportunities for the company because Each
competitor in the milk industry wants to increase penetration of processed
liquid milk so they will create awareness for consumer through different
•Because of these reasons olpers will take over of all its compititors.