3. Why take IELTS?
Work, live, study
and integration into
institutions in the USA
6. How is IELTS developed?
IELTS is developed to provide a fair and accurate assessment of English
Test questions are developed by language specialists from Australia,
Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. The test covers four
sections: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
IELTS test content reflects everyday situations. It is unbiased and fair to
all test takers from all backgrounds.
7. 1. IELTS is harder than other English Tests
2. Different countries conduct different IELTS tests
3. IELTS is too difficult
4. I can take the test only once.
5. To get my desired IELTS score, I must be ready to do as many
IELTS practice tests as possible.
6. I need to speak with a western/ Australian/ Canadian/ British
accent to pass the speaking test.
7. The most essential component of the IELTS test is the speaking
8. Quality matters more than speed.
9. I need a score of 7.0 to pass the IELTS test.
10. More words in writing test mean more bands
11. Practicing sample questions would help score better bands
12. Smiling and laughing while speaking test can get you good
13. If the opinions in writing and speaking test do not match to
that of the examiner, you might lose marks
8. Course objectives
• To be familiarized with the IELTS test structure
• To apply strategies effectively to answer the listening, reading, writing
and speaking sections.
• To evaluate and analyse sample answers.
• To improve the band at the end of the course if being fluent and
applying strategies correctly
9. Course requirements
• IELTS placement test online
• Language fluency: b1 desired
• Extra practice of strategies: online and printed materials
• Extra language practice attending workshops and ielts webinars
• Class attendance desired
• Printed materials necessary for every single class. $$$$$$$$
• Translator machines not allowed in class.
1ST 50% 2ND 50%
Parcial 1. IELTS listening test 30% Parcial 3. IELTS writing test 20%
Parcial 2. IELTS reading test 30% Parcial 4. IELTS speaking test 20%
Assignments in class: 40% Examen final: IELTS listening, reading, writing
Assignments in class: 30%