2. Audio means "hearing“
Visual means seeing.
• All such aids, which endeavor to make
things clear to us , through our senses
Called audio visual aids
Sometimes instructional materials
3. Audio -visual aids
• make the learning situations as real as
possible and give us firsthand knowledge
through the organs of hearing and
We learn through our sense organs
Senses are the gateways of knowledge.
Most of the knowledge
comes through our ears and eyes
• any device which can used to make the
learning more effective, concrete, realistic
and dynamic (Kinder )
• sensory objectives and images stimulate and
emphasis on learning process ( Burton )
6. Carter V Good
• Audio visual aids are those aIds that help in
completing the triangular process of learning
7. Definitions continued
• Audio visual aids are anything by means of
which, the learning process may be
encouraged or carried on through the sense of
hearing or sense of sight.“
8. Classification basing on sensory
• Audio Aids-
– These include Radio, Tape-recorder, Audio cassette
player, Language laboratory etc.
• Visual Aids-
– It includes Chart, Black and White board, Maps,
Pictures, Models, Text-books, Slide projector,
Transparency, Flash-cards, Print materials etc.
• Audiovisual Aids-
– Includes LCD projector, Film projector, TV, Computer,
VCD player, Virtual Classroom, Multimedia etc.
9. Basing on the principle of projection
• Projected Aids: -
They require projectors and electricity for their
Overhead Projector etc.
10. • Non Projected Aids:
They do not require projectors and electricity for
Picture and Photographs,
Flash Card, Poster etc.
11. Advantages of Audio - Visual Aids
It helps to make the learning process more
effective and conceptual.
It helps to grab the attention of students
It builds interest and motivates teachers and
It enhances the energy level of students
12. Ads cont..
It provides students a realistic approach and
These are easy to use and prepare
A.V. Aids promotes the creativity of students
13. Advantages cont.
A.V. aids can be reused
AV aids can be used for an illiterate group
Almost all the topics can be covered by using
these aids, thus ensuring multidisciplinary
• V.aids require proper environment for its
projection, Students may get distracted due to
• Some projected aids are expensive to carry
out. E.g projectors
• Projected aids require electricity, for their
display thus, limiting their
• Some AV Aids require technical help
• All the topics cannot be studied with A.V.aids.
• They require accuracy and innovativeness for
• Some aids are expensive.