SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Wild Rydes (www.wildrydes.com) needs your help! With fresh funding from its seed investors, Wild Rydes is seeking to build the world’s greatest mobile/VR/AR unicorn transportation system. The scrappy startup needs a first-class webpage to begin marketing to new users and to begin its plans for global domination. Join us to help Wild Rydes build a website using a serverless architecture. You’ll build a scalable website using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon S3. Join this workshop to hop on the rocket ship!
To complete this workshop, you'll need:
AWS Command Line Interface
What to Expect from the Session
• Overview of serverless computing
• Introduction to the AWS services used in this
• Outline of the workshop scenario
• Preview of the labs and the solutions you’ll build
Build and run applications and
services without thinking of
• Fully Managed
• Developer Productivity
• Continuous Scaling
• No provisioning
• No system administration
• No security patches
• Fault tolerant
• Focus on your application
• Experiment and innovate
• Scale up and down with
• Never pay for idle
The Serverless Manifesto
• Functions are the unit of deployment and scaling.
• No machines, VMs, or containers visible in the programming model.
• Permanent storage lives elsewhere.
• Scales per request. Users cannot over- or under-provision capacity.
• Never pay for idle (no cold servers/containers or their costs).
• Implicitly fault tolerant because functions can run anywhere.
• BYOC - Bring your own code.
• Metrics and logging are a universal right.
Run code without provisioning servers
• Run functions in response to events to build
back ends, data processing systems, event handlers
• Code runs in isolated containers on Amazon Linux
• Bring your own code and libraries: Node.js, Python,
Java (even native libraries)
• Run code in parallel – democratized scale
No Servers to Manage Continuous Scaling Don’t Pay for Idle Resources
Lambda allows you to run
application logic without
provisioning servers or worrying
about the health or security of
Lambda scales infrastructure
beneath your application logic;
just send requests and events
and Lambda will automatically
scale to accommodate it
With Lambda, you are billed in
100 ms increments of execution
time and number of requests
and you are never charged for
anything when your code isn’t
Fast and flexible NoSQL database service
for any scale
• Fully managed database built for applications
that need single-digit millisecond latency at any scale
• Pay only for the throughput and storage that you need
• Supports both document and key-value data structures
• React to data changes via triggers to Lambda
Amazon API Gateway
Create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale
Create a unified API
front end for multiple
DDoS and throttling to
protect your back-end
Authenticate and authorize
requests to your back-end
Add user sign-up, sign-in, and data synchronization to your apps
Add user sign-up and
sign-in to your mobile and
Federate identities and
provide secure access to
Store and sync across
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
Durable, massively scalable object storage
• Designed for 99.999999999% durability and
• Stores trillions of objects and regularly handles
millions of requests per second
• Effectively infinite storage without provisioning
S3 is a low-cost, highly available solution for static
website hosting – and it’s completely serverless
• Reliably serve your static website and handle
unexpected peaks without worrying about scaling
• Integrates with Amazon CloudFront for edge delivery
of content across the globe
Scenario: Wild Rydes
Wild Rydes needs your help! With fresh
funding from its seed investors, Wild
Rydes is seeking to build the world’s
greatest mobile/VR/AR unicorn
transportation system. The scrappy
startup needs a first-class webpage to
begin marketing to new users and to
begin its plans for global domination.
Scenario: Wild Rydes
The Wild Rydes Serverless Web Application Workshop introduces the
basics of building web applications using serverless infrastructure.
In this workshop, you’ll build a serverless website for Wild Rydes using
AWS services on the AWS Free Tier.
Lab 1: Static Website Hosting
OBJECTIVE: Create a bucket in Amazon S3 and configure it for
static website hosting. Distribute your website globally using
Lab 2: Beta Sign-Up Mailing List
OBJECTIVE: Allow visitors to submit their email address to subscribe to an email
list for your beta program. Send each submission a confirmation email thanking
them for their interest and providing further details.
Lab 3: Administrative Interface
OBJECTIVE: Build an interface for your marketing team to be able to manage
aspects of your site. Start by adding a page to the administrative interface that
allows a user to see all email addresses that have signed up for your beta program.
Lab 4: Product Update Blog
OBJECTIVE: Provide visitors updates about your progress building your
product by publishing a blog post. Blog entries are posted by administrators
using the administrative interface built in the previous lab.