2. KARAKORAM RANGES
Karakoram is the second highest mountain range
in the world and is home to four of the
world’s 14 peaks over 8,000m above sea level.
It is also home to K2, the second highest peak
in the world after Mount
3. Karakoram is the most heavley glaciated part of the world outside polar region.
The Siachen and the Biafo Glacier world's 2nd and 3rd largest glaciers
are also located in Karakoram range.
4. It has total 7 passes
Khunjareb is the most famous.
Karakoram highway is 1300 km road
Karakoram highway connects
Pakistan and China
is a famous tourist attraction.
• K2 lies in Karakoram ranges , partially in GB
• The majestic K2 is 8611 meters above the Sea
• It is the second highest peak in the world.
• The summit was reached for the first time by
the Italian climber Lino Lacedelli and Achille
Compagnoni in 1954.
• K2 is popularly known as the “Savage
6. A team of 10 Nepali climbers set a new world record
by becoming the first to reach the summit of K2 in winters.
K2 is Considered world's most dangerous mountain
with 300 successful summit and 77 fatalities
Including a very well known Pakistani mountaineer
Muhammad Ali Sadpara.
7. JUNCTION POINT
• Junction of three mightiest mountain ranges, the Himalaya, Karakorum and Hindukush
• Located 40KM away from Gilgit , in the town Jaglot lies the mountain junction where three great mountain ranges of world
make a knot.
9. • Himalayas run through five countries:
• India, Nepal, Bhutan, China (Tibet), and Pakistan.
• The Himalaya is spread across three of Pakistan's provinces.
• Gilgit-Baltistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa & AJK
10. • Mount Everest is the highest of the Himalayan mountains, and—at 8,850 meters
• Mt. Everest. The tallest mountain in the world soars almost five and a half miles into the sky and pierces the jet stream with its iconic
11. Nanga Parbat
• Nanga Parbat is located in Gilgit-Baltistan
• Nanga Parbat means “Naked Mountain”
• It is locally known as Diamer
which means “King of the mountains”.
12. • Nanga Parbat is the ninth-highest mountain on Earth,
• Its summit at 8,126 m above sea level.
• Mighty and Dramatic Nanga Parbat peak rises far above
its surrounding terrain.
13. • Nanga Parbat is known to be difficult and hard climb.
• it has earned the threatening name : KILLER MOUNTAIN
for its high number of climber fatalities (deaths).
• Despite being the “Killer Mountain” it is a popular lure
for climbers and the most visited tourist
spot in Pakistan
• Offering a lot of thrilling excitements and adventure with
breathtaking views of reflection lake and Fairy Meadows.