GROUP 3 :
1. ISNA NUR AISYIYAH 21020116120012
2. A’ISYAH 21020116120016
3. ISTI ASTETIKA SARA 21020116120024
4. WINDA VERONIKA S. 21020116120032
2. General Description of Lawang Sewu
Lawang Sewu is from javanese language which mean Thousand Doors
The Architect of Lawang Sewu is Cosman Citroen.
3. The Planning of Lawang Sewu Design
• The building plan resembles the letter L, there is a courtyard behind the building.
• Referring to Indies architectural design.
• The roof was designed to be waterproof and make the space on the roof stay cool.
4. Development Process of Lawang Sewu, Semarang
February 27, 1904 : The first stone is laying
July 1, 1907 : the NIS office was finished
5. Main Section of Lawang Sewu, Semarang
Building A is the main building of the NIS office.
Building B is an extension of the building A,
consists of two main floors and one floor roof
6. Main Section of Lawang Sewu, Semarang
Building C consists of 2 floors, the
first floor serves as a first print the
ticket and NIS train schedules
Building D is a building with one floor. There
are six poles, two from six poles are fused
7. Main Section of Lawang Sewu, Semarang
Building E is located side by side with
building A and B.
The pump house plan is octagon-shaped.
8. Some Interesting Things From Lawang Sewu
Stained glass as the main attraction lawang sewu
This stained glass is made in J.L schouten studio in delft.
if we observe this stained glass, will be seen various
symbols with an implied message.
9. Some Interesting Things From Lawang Sewu
On one glass segment, there
are two female figures who
are the personification of the
godess fortuna (goddess of
fortune) and godess venus
(goddess of love).
That many doors
into the origin of
this building called
Lawang sewu has an attic.
Ancient times used as
11. -Faiz (group 7) how do you think about the design of
-Sari gita ( group 7) how about the natural lighting
system of lawang sewu?
-Dewo (group 6) what kind of architecture is applied to
the lawang sewu?
-Chandra (group 6) why lawang sewu design with many
- Hendra (group 7) why the roof top lawang sewu is
smaller than the bottom?
-Bagus (group 5) what kind of lawang sewu material?
12. - Rai (group 5) how about the air circulation of lawang
-Ayu (group 7)
why we sould keep the ancient building ?
- Reza (group 5) is there any reason for using the stained
glass beside in terms of aestetics?
Notes de l'éditeur
To change the image on this slide, select the picture and delete it. Then click the Pictures icon in the placeholder to insert your own image.