3. BIRTH OF AMUL
Amul formed in 1946, is a dairy cooperative movement in India.
It is managed by Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation
AMUL is based in Anand, Gujarat and has been a sterling example
of a co-operative organization's success in the long term. The Amul
Pattern has established itself as a uniquely appropriate model for
Amul has spurred the White Revolution of India. It is also the world's
biggest vegetarian cheese brand.
4. •Amul grew from strength to strength ultimately becoming
synonymous with the milk revolution in india.
•As of 2012, amul held a market share of 25% in indian
•The turnover for the financial year(2010-11) was US $2.2
billion. Its dairy milk procurement was at around 12 million
liters (peak period) per day from 15,712 villages milk
5. The Amul Model
.Establishment of a direct
linkage between milk
producers and consumers
by eliminating middlemen
• Milk Producers (farmers)
processing and marketing
8. • Largest food brand in India
• High Quality, Low Price
• World's Largest Pouched Milk Brand
• Annual turnover of US $1504 million
• Highly Diverse Product Mix
• Robust Distribution Network
10. • Risks of highly complex supply chain
• Strong dependency on weak infrastructure
• Alliance with third parties who do not
belong to the organized sector
12. • Penetrate international markets
• Diversify product portfolio to enter new product
• Expand existing categories like processed foods,
14. • Competitors - Hindustan Lever, Nestle, Mother
Dairy, Britannia ,Goverdhan Milk etc..
• Still competition from MNCs in butter
• Growing price of milk and milk products
• Ban on export of milk powder
15. •Largest milk brand in Asia
•More than 30 dairy brands
•Market leader in ghee & butter
•Very strong supply chain
•Enjoys Fine reputation
•Quality with Affordability
•Customers extremely satisfied
•Moved from loose milk to
•Ready to try more products
The 3 C’s…
Members: 13 district cooperative milk
No. of Producer Members: 2.79 million
No. of Village Societies: 13,328
Total Milk handling capacity: 11.22 million litres per day
Milk collection (Daily Average
8.4 million litres
Milk Drying Capacity: 626 Mts. per day
Cattle feed manufacturing
3500 Mts. per day
17. Amul – Product Portfolio in GraphAmul – Product Portfolio in Graph
19. Expansion to foreign shores
GCMMF had signed an agreement with Wal-Mart to
stock its shelves with products under its Amul brand
Amul processed cheese, pure ghee, Shrikhand,
Nutramul, Amul's Mithaee Gulab Jamuns are few of the
products marketed in the US markets.
50 per cent of Americans being medically obese, and if
Amul is really looking to capture the hearts of the
second- and third-generation.
20. Amul Flaavyo
•Product Name - Amul Flaavyo Yoghurt.
•Description - Flavoured Probiotic Yoghurt.
•Packing - 100 g Cup.
•Composition - Toned Milk, Sugar, Fruit Pulp Compound, Stabilizer ,
Active Probiotic Culture and Vitamins.
•Nutritional Information - 117 kcal/100gm.
•Shelf Life - Best Before 15 days from Packaging.
•Storage condition - Keep Under Refrigeration below 8°C.
21. Amul is the market leader with more than 40% market
share and only brand having national presence in more
than 1,500 cities across length & breadth of India. It
reaches out to consumers from Kashmir to
Kanyakumari.It makes Amul icecream, “India’s only
National Ice Cream Brand!”.
Amul launches epic: A super premium range of ice cream.
25. Events For Youth
• 2011- sponsored the netherland cricket team for
CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011 .
• 2011- in F1 event ,sponsoring sauber team at the
FIRST INDIA GRAND PRIX.
• 2012- sponsored indian contingent for olympic events
held in london.
26. • Uses a variety of media to
• Most famous is billboard
• The endearing polka
dressed girl and pun at
various issues increased
brand’s fan following.
• AMUL sponsored the
Singing Competition AMUL
Star Voice of India, Amul
music ka maha mukabla.
30. Action@amul - 2015
With 51% growth in two years, Amul achieves turnover of Rs. 20733 crores
Mar 27, 2015
Visit of Shri Ashok Kumar Angurana, Secretary & Smt. Rajni S. Sibal, Joint
Secretary (CDD), Govt. of India to Anand.
Mar 26, 2015 Participants of "Dairy Asia - Towards sustainability"
Mar 26, 2015 KCC Annual Boxing Day Hockey 2014 - Players in Amul T Shirts
Jan 20, 2015
Visit of Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture
Jan 13, 2015
Visit of H.E. Mr. Tshering Tobgay, Honourable Prime Minister of Bhutan to
31. • Amul has risen from Indian soil and it remains Indian in
• There is ample scope in the low priced segment as also in
• There are a significant number of retailers who are
currently stocking more than two brands.
• Amul has the opportunity to capture the more evolved
young adults and children who are open to new products
provided they meet their expectations.