3. Develop a Social Media Strategy
• Base the strategy on overarching business objectives.
• Ensure a cohesive brand voice and corporate message.
• Establish the strategy on continuous social media involvement, not just
“campaigns.” The social media dialogue is on-going and your presence must
be constant also.
• Include resourcing and budget into the strategy that reflect a commitment
to continuous engagement in and measurement of social media.
• Conduct a Social Media Check-up to validate the organization’s current
online positioning. From there, it becomes more intuitive to develop a
strategy that meets business goals and is measurable.
Burson-Marsteller Evidence-Based Communications 39