SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association)
is the international governing body for football.
Joseph S. Blatter was elected FIFA President in 1998 and
has remained President since then.
Official Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
FIFA World Cup started in 1930.
It has 209 member associations.
FIFA Mission and Goals
Offer fans a unique experience to witness and support
football matches all around the world.
Catch Phrase: For The Good Of The Game
Mission: Develop the game, touch the world, build a
Goal: Develop programs to teach the world’s youth the
game and life lessons you can learn from the game.
FIFA Initial Crisis
Buying Presidential Votes
Joseph S. Blatter was accused of buying votes and
attempting to buy votes for the upcoming election of
Mohamed Bin Hammam of Qatar, the Fifa presidential
challenger accused of giving cash bribes to voters.
• Spain-Portugal and England were well in the lead in
the fight to host the 2018 World Cup finals.
• Corruption and bribery thought to be in play when
Russia won the bid.
• Bribery expected again when Qatar won 2022 World
Cup finals bid.
FIFA Bribery Scandal
FIFA's Brand Health Damaged
• FIFA’s Reputation
• Stakeholder- Organization Relationship
• Millions of dollars taken from countries that should
have transparently won the World Cup finals bid.
• Unethical Leadership
• Poor Employee- Manager Relationship
TO FIFA CRISIS
• Joseph S. Blatter first denies any wrong doings in the
• Despite concerns and negative exposure, Qatar will
host the 2022 World Cup.
• An investigation to be headed by FIFA General Secretary
Jerome Valcke to investigate stakeholders.
Stakeholder’s Response To FIFA
• Government- Swiss government conduct intense
investigations into the allegations. They suspend and
fine multiple FIFA officials.
• Chairman Frank Lowy has spent a large amount of his
own private fortune on investigators to find some
wrongdoing with the way in which FIFA handled the
2022 World Cup bidding process.
Andrew Jennings Role In
Andrew Jennings is a Scottish investigative reporter.
He is best known for his work investigating and writing
about corruption in the IOC and FIFA.
The Journalist began exposing FIFA corruption nearly
ten years ago.
BBC’s flagship programme, Panorama has run several
FIFA exposes with Jennings.
Media’s Response To FIFA Crisis
• BBC aired two documentaries exposing the latest news
on the scandal.
• The Sunday Times and The New York Times published
widely read and very critical articles.
• The Guardian ran a blog posted online entitled “FIFA in
Crisis Live Blog”.
• Re-write the FIFA Code of Ethics and Conduct.
• Create a group whose sole job description is to monitor
• Blatter must take an immediate human rights interest
in the conditions of migrant workers in Qatar.