Poursuivez votre développement professionnel avec Scribd
Exclusive 60 day trial to the world's largest digital library.
Join 1+ million members and get unlimited* access to books, audiobooks.
Managing Multi-Platform Projects
This comprehensive hands-on course will give you the tools to manage multiplatform projects by taking you through the dynamics of the multiplatform system, and the time cost and creative methods that can be utilised to make a successful project.
Course Aims & Objectives:
• To appreciate how project management skills can transfer to the multiplatform arena;
• To understand the responsibility and tasks demanded by multiplatform;
• To recognise the value of good multiplatform management
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
• Understand multiplatform opportunities and options;
• Draw up realistic schedule for a multiplatform project;
• Apply management skills accordingly to multiplatform projects
What follows is a guide of the areas that will be covered over the day. Certain subjects, topics and time-lines may change as the tutor becomes more aware of individual needs
- Delegates will introduce themselves, , and highlight why they are attending – what they hope to gain from the programme.
Morning Session – The Market
- What do we currently mean by Multi-platform?
- What platforms are there?
- How big is the market for apps?
- What are people using, and how?
- What trends are developing, particularly in terms of TV related content
- How does the Market work, who are the players?
- How are they funded?
- What is out there? Examples of TV related multi-platform
- The 3 P’s promotional, plot driven, profit driven
- Who are your users, what are they doing, what are they using?
- How are apps sold, to funders and to users?
Working in a team, develop an idea for an app or website to go with a TV show, and pitch it! Pick a platform, a target market and a problem and show how you understand the various components of the market.
What if you actually have to get this made?
- What is an developer? What types of developer are there?
- What roles are there in the development of a project?
- How do you identify and choose the right developer or team?
- How do you integrate the creative process with a developer?
- How long will it take to build, and when should you start?
- What project management methods are used?
Devise a project timeline for yesterdays pitch to show the relative start times and related elements.
- How much will it cost? – Developing and reading production budgets
- How much will it make? – What business models and revenue streams work?
- How do you get it out there, and then get people to use it?
- What are the financial and legal pitfalls to look out for?
Create a budget for the group project. Identify the potential costs and revenues.
Present your project, project plan and budget – in summary for critical feedback.