SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Amplify Austin is the premier online giving day for Central Texas. I set up a platform for a nonprofit on the Amplify "Give Gab" platform in fall 2020, and participated in an introductory webinar. These are helpful notes regarding Amplify 2021.
A few years ago, I developed and ran an Amplify Austin campaign myself by hand. Need help with your campaign? Let me know.
All rights reserved. Created free of charge as a public service.
Carolyn M. Appleton
A Brief Overview
March 4 and 5, 2021
▪ Amplify Austin helps raise funding online during the spring of each year
▪ Participating brings together a wide range of nonprofit organizations
across Austin, including those in outlying cities and counties
▪ Participating helps heighten overall visibility and awareness for
nonprofits, and it can help attract the interest of new supporters and
potential major gift donors to the good work of your nonprofit
▪ Having set up and run a prior Amplify Austin campaign for a modestly-
sized nonprofit, I know advance preparation from the start of the year
through the actual giving day, and constant attention to communications
during this same time frame (and beyond, as you wrap-up), will help
▪ Amplify Austin suggests participating nonprofits
create 30 second to 2-minute videos that include
written words – as many people don’t turn up the
“volume,” words matter
▪ This can be easily done with Adobe Spark Video – see
my YouTube channel:
▪ Amplify Austin is heavily driven by corporations and
corporate employees; hence, securing an advance
“matching partner” makes sense to help build
excitement and increase potential income
▪ Using social media is highly encouraged – this is an
aspect of Amplify Austin that companies and
organizations enjoy as visibility is high online
▪ Amplify Austin has a YouTube channel with helpful
information to watch at your leisure
▪ A series of advance preparation webinars are
being hosted for nonprofits participating
▪ “Amplify Live” is a new feature accessible via their
website, and they will show nonprofit videos and
post updates all day long during the 24-hour
▪ Celebrities are involved this year – do you know
someone who might champion your cause?
▪ Advance donations can be made online starting on
▪ Your nonprofit’s allies - Board members, volunteers
and donors - can get on your “Give Gab” page and
launch their own fundraising campaigns
encouraging their colleagues to give to your
See “Carolyn Online” for an overview of my online