SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
• Productions what a production company is for.
• The Production of music has 3 processes; Pre-production,
production and post-production.
• A production company produces CD’s and digital copies to be
distributed either through another company or in the recent
day and age via the internet.
• With the new age of the internet finding new aspiring artists
has been a lot easier for production companies due to
websites such as YouTube and sound cloud or even social
networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Tumblr
• It is also easy to contact them through these meaning the
company can sign them, also the company can learn a lot
about them by there page.
• Once the music goes through Production it
then reaches distribution.
• Distribution are responsible for prints and
• They are usually apart of a parent company, probably as major as
well, however they might not be in which case there is long term
agreements between them and the production company.
• However there will be different distributors for different albums and
in different parts of the country as certain distributors may have a
name in music for doing certain genre or may be more well known in
• Music is much more easily distributed now due to the internet. It
can be done in the comfort of your home. It is open to a worldwide
• Once again Social Networking sites and other webpages like
YouTube. However this means music piracy comes into play and
allows you to get music for free.
• This is where the Distributor sells on the music to either; a
record store, e.g. HMV, that sells CD’s or a more modern
online approach such as through iTunes, Amazon etc, where
the music can be downloaded onto the computer then onto
more portable devices.
• Radios play the music in order to build fans before the release
date. This means that the music has a larger, eager audience
that wants to buy the music.
• Meaning music, these days, is more popularly listened to by
portable means. However it can also be listened to through;
TV, advertisements, films etc. Cross media convergence.
• This method is a non-profitable means. However once again it
builds awareness of the music.