SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
May is Celiac Awareness Month!Did you know that over 3 million Americans have celiac, but only 5 percent have been diagnosed? That leaves 95 percent of the celiac community undiagnosed, and living with a variety of symptoms that could be managed by a fairly simple change of diet. Talk about a need for awareness! Part of the reason behind the undiagnosed is the fact that celiac disease or gluten intolerance is often diagnosed as something else. The symptoms of celiac like fatigue, depression, bowl issues, vitamin deficiencies and the presence of other autoimmune disorders can cause physician to overlook a diagnosis of celiac for a "simpler" one of something like irritable bowel syndrome. Another problem that leads to improper diagnose is that standard testing does not always come up with standard results. A simple blood test can confirm Celiac Disease and yet all people who have Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance do not test positive. It can be frustrating to say the least. According to gluten sensitivity expert, Dr. Vikki Petersen, the easiest and least expensive way to test yourself for gluten intolerance is to eliminate gluten from the diet for a period of 30 days and see how you feel. If you start feeling better and physical issues start to clear up, it is a really good sign that you benefit from a gluten-free diet. Gluten-free seems to be everywhere these days, and still many don't really know what it means. If you are consuming a gluten-free diet due to celiac disease, gluten intolerance, or for any reason, then you are not eating foods that contain wheat, spelt, rye and barley. Sounds a bit overwhelming? May a Gluten Free month
It does take a bit of getting used to, but there is an amazing amount of support available for celiac's or those with gluten sensitivities. There are people, who are gluten-free themselves, creating recipes and putting them up on blogs. Some of these same people are creating cookbooks that are available everywhere, including QVC. In addition to this community of gluten-free bloggers, there are new products arriving to the shelves and freezer sections of the local grocery store in addition to the small specialty markets and Whole Foods. This is a real boon for all people who are on the gluten-free diet, but there is a need to be careful. Make sure you are reading the labels to ascertain the ingredients, seems simple I know. If you are ever unsure if a product or medication is safe to take, call the manufacturer. It is your health, and once you have it on the road to recovery you don't want to find that you have accidentally ingested a poison. Awareness is the key! If you are aware of the problem and of the solutions to the problem, you are most of the way toward winning the battle to improved health. So my wish for Celiac Awareness Month is that people who may be suffering from symptoms of Celiac or gluten intolerance will find awareness in how they can take charge of their own health and physical well being. Want to know more about your favorite Gluten Free Recipe or how to avoid being bothered by Celiac with our range of Gluten Free Recipes which are made from Gluten Free raw material feel free to visit us at: http://www.simplygluten-free.com Article Source: http://simplygluten-free.com/blog/2011/05/celiac-awarness-month.html