2. ABOUT MYSELF
• I am 19 years old
• Born/ Raised in Jacksonville, FL
• I enjoy being in and around the water whether it be the beach, river, or lake
• I love being around other individuals
• You will more than likely catch me in a good mood
3. MOST MEANINGFUL ASSIGNMENT
I think the most meaningful assignment this semester was the FOCUS
assessment. I had no clue what is it or the background of it. As I took it I became
more interested and was thoroughly pleased. I enjoyed answering the questions
and finding out more about myself and possible career paths. I think this is a great
tool for those who are undecided and stuck in the middle like myself.
4. DESIRED CAREER PATH
• I have not confirmed my major or my choice of interest, but I think I want to do
something in the public relations field. The requirements are a lot more easier
than say choosing a business major. My weakness is math and I think business
uses a lot of math which makes me a little uncomfortable. Some job duties
involving PR include planning publicity strategies and campaigns, writing and
producing presentations and press releases, dealing with enquiries from the
public, the press, and related organizations. The starting salary averages around
35,000 which is perfectly fine with me.
5. WHY AM I A GOOD FIT?
I think I am a good fit because
• I like to build relationships with others, no matter who you are.
• I like to network
• I like getting up and doing things
• I value things like connections, friendship, honesty, and work ethic
6. WHO CAN HELP?
• Anyone in the Liberal Arts field
• Ms. Cofer
• My mother’s friend Robbie
7. NEXT STEPS
• I plan to research more about my major
• Dig deeper to see job opportunities for the future
• Career development
During this course I learned about a lot of skills and resources I can utilize.
Considering I am undeclared this course was a huge help. It really opened my eyes
to all the opportunities out there for me. I will definitely apply these skills later on
when I am in search of a job.