1. The Changing Environment
2. Review the NOW for your business
3. What is happening across your
4. Develop innovative strategies
5. Build a clear plan for 2020
6. Focus on YOU
7. Next Steps
3. Take the time to evaluate where you are now…
Be objective and realistic and don’t discount
the bad news (“head in sand” syndrome).
7. Ask your Partners
If you had a Magic Wand with no limitations, what
changes would you make to your business or
• Double our sales
• Small highly focussed sales force
• High impact point of sales
• Price points that maximize sales and
• Management involvement in the sales
• Innovative incentive program for the
• No poor quality customers
• No bad debts
• Everyone pays on time
• Leading edge product development
• Use the latest technology
• Video links to customers and field staff
• Global sales to reduce risk and local
9. Be Visionary not a “nay-sayer”.
Think about the immediate issues but also the future issues that
will impact your industry and your business in the next 3 to 5
Watch some TED Talks and YouTube clips of conference
speakers. Look for people who are talking about disruption and
change in your industry (or related industries) as the pace of
change is far quicker than you think.
14. The 7Rs of Process Innovation
15. Think outside the square
Don’t just look at whole businesses - look at the components of your
business. For example: if you have a bricks and mortar business
supported by an online business, then look at what leaders in
online are doing irrespective of the sector and glean insights that you
can apply to your business.
Don’t copy blindly but modify and adapt concepts to meet the unique
needs of your business and customers.
19. • 100’s of factors that impact on change success but which ones have the MOST impact
• Great Businesses achieved 16% higher in change success compared to Good Businesses
• All factors are related/connected. Change success is about many adjustments in many areas.
Change Success Diagnostic
21. TIP 1:
Take care of your mental health
The first step is to understand that these pressures (perceived and real) pervade all aspects of our
lives and impact us all.
Mental health is a critical component of business success so take the time to address it.
Get help in the form of counselling, hypnosis and training. Learn to understand your personal
stressors and trigger points and develop strategies to stop them blossoming into larger issues.
Consider taking up practices that make you more mindful and balanced like yoga, martial arts
Make sure that you have a “balanced”, fulfilling life away from work and there is time for YOU.
22. TIP 2:
Set realistic goals and targets
Set realistic targets for the next 12 months… I’m not suggesting that you don’t set
ambitious targets… but make sure that they are realistic and achievable with the
skills, capabilities and resources that you have available.
23. TIP 3:
Find something for you
Find an activity for YOU. Get a hobby, interest, sport that is something for you (no… drinking
beer is fun but its not the sort of hobby I was thinking of). I love riding my motorcycle (its fun,
relaxing and a mindful activity for me) and I make sure that I have at least one decent 2-
300km ride every week (not commuting - a ride for me!). Since taking the time to do this
regularly, my productivity and revenue have improved despite me “working" less hours...
remember “present is not necessarily productive”… what is an activity that you want to do -
just for you?
28. Book a 20-minute call with Russ
29. Sign up for our 30 Day Challenge
• Access to 30 Day Online Coaching Program
• 10 x modules for building a strong plan for 2020 incl bonus modules
• Weekly Group Coaching Calls
• Initial 30 min onboarding call with Russ
• Wrap up 30min call with Russ
• Your investment A$500 plus GST
• Let me know if you’re interested via the Chat