SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Predictive Analytics is a data driven technology which can be leveraged to predict failure points in testing activities to determine the future. Speaker, Pavan Kumar will speak on how Predictive Analytics could help businesses in identifying the issues at the earliest to make proactive decisions.
Typically, testing companies follow a lengthy process for any testing project in an effort to reduce operational issues and costs. However, these companies still need to encounter many issues with every new project. Lets look at some of the challenges involved with in-house testing.
The development companies that outsources all the testing activities would look forward to focus more on core business while avoiding ever increasing costs associated with testing. However, these companies still face a lot of delays for deliverables and exceeding costs. Lets look at some of the challenges involved with outsourcing testing.
Thought Leadership Webinar - Predictive Analytics in Software Testing
The common problem most of the companies today face sudden
increase in costs, production delays and operational risks.
Organizations which perform
testing using its in-house testing
environment and team.
outsourcing its entire testing
activities to preferred vendors.
Challenges with in-house Testing
• Managing testing for multiple releases of different types of applications
• Managing multiple testing tools and required infrastructure usage and
• Measuring Testing team Productivity
• Identify Right Tester for particular task
• Unable to identify issues which can lead to challenges in future
• Unable to provide different stake-holders reports in preferred view
• Measuring Test coverage and quality of work
• Timely alerts and notifications
Challenges with Outsourced Testing
• Identifying the right vendor who have the required competency
to deliver the output as per expectations and vendor who is
flexible enough to adapt to changes
• Managing and communication with multiple testing vendors is
• Difficulty in Identifying the root cause at a right time
• KPI reports and SLA adherence
• Measuring Test coverage and quality of work
• Difficulty in identifying the root cause of an issue
• Implementing quick changes is a challenge
Common Challenges and Expectations
• Every stakeholder have different expectation in terms of KPI reports , test
results, Audit reports, Test management reports, Other metrics, etc..
• There are no standard expectation on reports. Demand of reports might
change based on that situation and Stakeholder requirements.
• Not able to produce desired analytical reports and its time taking process
to generate OnDemand Analytical reports
• Is project going in right track ?
• Who is the right tester for this assignment?
• In my testing practice where exactly I am incurring more cost ?
• With the current pace of the project will I be able to meet the deadline ?
• Project got deviated ! What measure I should take to accomplish the
project with in the set Deadline?
• Not able to generate expected report because data is residing in different
• Many more challenges..…
Predictive Analytics in Software Testing
Predictive Analytics is a data driven technology which can be leveraged to predict failure points in testing
activities and determine the future. It has the power to help optimize project data and make proactive
Predictive analytics helps in predicting the present and taking
proactive measures for future.
There are 3 major techniques which can be used in Predictive Analytics
• Predictive model
• Descriptive model
• Decision model
Based on the KPI requirements or expectations of the clients applicable
model can be applied and expected report can be generated.
Predictive Analytical solution will helps answering many such questions
which we might not derive from existing testing tool based reports
• How will it affect my Testing project?
• How do we do things better?
• What is the best decision for a complex problem?
helps in reducing the
testing costs and
deriving to better ROI
early in the testing life
Advantages of Predictive Analytics in Software Testing
• Predictive Analytics helps in identifying right tester for
• Predictive Analytics helps in monitoring overall project status
• Predictive Analytics helps in identifying issues impacting various
areas of project
• Predictive Analytics helps in proactively identifying the risks
and mitigating the risks at the earliest stage
• Predictive Analytics helps in identifying where is the delay and
what is the issue
• Predictive Analytics helps in monitoring tester and testing team
• Predictive Analytics helps in right vendor for the particular
• Predictive Analytics helps in Improve Planning, Quality and
• Predictive Analytics helps in making right decisions at right
Predictive Analytics in Integrated Approach
In a testing practice multiple testing activities performed
and multiple testing tools are leveraged to fulfill the
requirements and each testing tool works in silos and
respective testing data and logs storing in silos.
To optimize the cost, time and effort, it’s suggested
to go with new techniques and technology and
integrate predictive analytical tool into the
Predictive Analytics helps in increasing the efficiency and
improves the effectiveness of the testing operations
Predictive Analytics helps in Improve Planning, Quality and Delivery
Thank you for attending our webinar.
For any queries, please reach me at email@example.com or visit www.clictest.com