7. If 80%+ of your traffic is coming from Google, and this update cuts your traffic into half, then this would be a problem, right? But if you rely on less than 30% of your traffic from Google (like most affiliate/bloggers do), then perhaps things aren’t so bad– and there’s something you could do to maintain and raise your Google rankings.
8. Why use Social Media? * Primary and Secondary Traffic -Primary traffic is the large amount of visitors who come directly from social media websites. Secondary traffic is referral traffic from websites which link to and send you visitors, after they come across your content through the social sites. * High Quality Links - Becoming popular on social news websites like Digg or Reddit will get you a large number of links, some of which may be topically relevant, some not. A good story can realistically acquire a large number of high quality editorial links, most of which cannot be easily bought.
9. Here are some reasons why you should consider using social media: 1. It’s natural . Not only do you get natural links without any discernible pattern, your website is exposed to large groups of people in a spontaneous fashion. This differs from paid advertising which has overt commercial overtones. 2. It’s defensible. Once successfully mastered, social communities can be a great source of web traffic on top of any traffic you are already receiving from search engines. While you can’t easily increase your search engine traffic, social media traffic can be very easily controlled through strategic marketing. 3. It’s low-cost/high returns. If done by yourself, costs are limited to only time and perhaps the expenses involved in hiring a freelance programmer/designer. The benefits will often exceed the cost. It would take you thousands of dollars to buy many links; social media has the ability to give you that for free. 4. It complements other efforts. Social media optimization and marketing is usually community-specific. It doesn’t interfere with any other methods of getting traffic to your website. It can and will fit perfectly with an advertising campaign targeting other websites or search engines.
12. Digg Marketing Tips 1. Create an account with good bio and relevant content bout your site and yourself. 2. When you make a post leave a comment. 3. Add proper tags to your bookmark. 4. Select appropriate category while bookmarking.
14. Stumbleupon Marketing Tips 1. Stumble actively 2. Participate in the community 3. Stumble interesting content pages 4. Create unique, intriguing content 5.Use relevant tags
15. Whats New “ StumbleUpon Poised to Launch Pro Accounts Early Next Year” At the start of next year, businesses, publications and brands will be able to join StumbleUpon as “Pro” users, curating both their own content and suggested content in order to reach a larger audience. The idea is that businesses and publications can sign up for the discovery service as something between a regular user and a paid content provider. A pro account would essentially work the same way a verified account on Twitter (Twitter) does, giving the publication/company/business a level of legitimacy and authority that will entice regular StumbleUpon (StumbleUpon) denizens to follow it.
16. Other popular bookmarking sites Propeller.com Propeller (formely Netscape) is comfortable the second biggest social bookmarking site behind Digg with over 5.8 million monthly uniques, of which 3.6 million (62%) are in the U.S. Reddit.com Reddit is becoming a very popular social bookmarking site with about 1.2 million unique visitors in the U.S., making it slightly larger than Del.icio.us.
17. Del.icio.us Del.icio.us is the oldest social bookmarking site and Quantcast classifies it as a top 5,000 site that gets about 1.1 million unique visitors a month from the U.S. Newsvine.com Newsvine is a top 10,000 site that reaches over 362K U.S. monthly uniques. Fark.com Fark.com is a much more trafficked site than people expect. With 1,972,698 monthly unique visitors in the U.S., it is bigger than StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us and Reddit. Other popular upcoming sites are Mixx and diigo works same as any other bookmarking sites.
19. Facebook Marketing Tips 1. Bring Facebook to Your Website 2.Leverage Friends of Connections 3.Use Video as Your Secret Weapon to Gain Fans 4.Turn Your Facebook Page Into a Lead Generator. “ One of the first apps to add to your Facebook Fan Page is ‘Static FBML’ (Facebook Markup Language), which allows you to add your own custom content, including an opt-in box. You can add multiple iterations of the FBML app, and try out various lead-capture systems—ezine signup, giveaway, ask campaign, etc. 5. Encourage Interaction.
21. Reasons for Article Marketing 1. Publishing articles is your at the start step to becoming regarded as an expert in your field. 2. Its a excellent way to gain exposure and attract new potential audience. When your articles are published via article directories, other website and blog owners are then permitted to re-publish your articles on their sites to share with their audiences. 3. It increases the popularity of your website by increasing the number of sites linking to your website. The Resource Box at the end of your articles links back to your website. 4. Articles help boost your rating in search engines.