A case study and practical approach to designing and building web portals to facilitate successful data governance. The approach is to establish a portal framework that enables essential synergies among business and IT teams. This is a progressive approach and business friendly format to provide and promote data management best practices within business teams. The idea of establishing a portal framework is to simplify the requirements needed for local governance / business teams for a common look and feel that is used across many business areas and linked to a corporate governance structure. The framework is a template that can be re-used and tailored for varying levels of maturity to meet all business needs. Data Governance is an essential element for Master Data Management. The Data Governance Portal is a reasonable, cost effective, internally developed solution as opposed to or as a precursor to the costly MDM governance tools.
The purpose of this case study is to share methods of:
- Creating Web Portals for Governance
- New Social Media and Interactive Designs
- Communication, Centralization & Collaboration
- Utilizing DMBOK & Data Management Best Practices
- Engagement and Participation of the Business
- Data Governance for Master Data Management