• Review planning process for a fundraiser
• Recognizing what makes a fundraiser
• Understand steps to take after fundraiser is
• Set a facilitator
• Set basic rules for
• Set an amount of time
and stick with it
• Make connections
with ideas (mind
• Avoid details
• Just keep
time runs out)
When time runs out, then narrow the list done. It is helpful to come
back to the list at a separate time, although it can be done the same day.
It is the beginning of the
spring semester and your
team has an upcoming
tournament in Maryland that
you’re interested in. As it is
getting closer to the end of the
year, you don’t have much left
in your budget to put toward
Your club president has asked
everyone to come to a
meeting to brainstorm
fundraising ideas so that the
team can go to the tournament
without paying out of pocket.
For the next 10 minutes we
are going to brainstorm
fundraising ideas. We are
looking to raise $800 and we
have 4 months to raise the
• Is one person going to take the lead for fundraising? Is it the
same person for all fundraisers? How will responsibility be
• What are your goals?
• What is your budget?
• What is needed:
Staffing the fundraiser
How is it done???
• Reserving Space:
• Setting prices:
• Time constraints:
STEPS TO SUCCESS
Whether it is for marketing, attendance or for the event
itself, it is important to consider the components above,
they can make or break your fundraiser.
• Who is your target audience?
• What is the best way to reach your audience? Where are you going
market? (Social media, flyers on campus)
• Does the time of year play a role in your fundraiser? (Car wash in the
• What other events are happening on campus at the same time?
• Can you collaborate with another group?
• Do you have enough team members available to work the event?
• What type of facility do you have access to?
• When are you going to be most available for your audience?
• Are you able to get all of the supplies needed on time?
AFTER THE FUNDRAISER
• How successful was the
fundraiser? (This would
be based on whether or
not you reached your
• Why or why not?
• Will you do this again?
• How will you improve?
• How can experience
with this fundraiser
help with future
• What changes can be
made, if any?
• Did you budget
Keep any and all notes on file somewhere for future reference. Keeping
these notes will allow you to be more efficient in the future. It will also be
beneficial when you bring on new members to the team.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.