2. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH
Engineroom360 is heavily motivated to help small
ecommerce businesses succeed.
This PowerPoint will introduce web store owners to the
different strategies available for product promotion and
Furthermore, it will introduce useful web tools that will
help streamline your online activities and improve your
All recommendations are either free or low cost.
3. Drip nurture campaign
E-mail 1 E-mail 2 E-mail 3 E-mail 4 E-mail 5
Recipient list 1 2 3 4 5
Pieces of content (1-5)
FormForm Form Form Form
People of interest
Social intelligence gathering
Websites of interest
4. Foundation of e-mail messages, linking to a piece of content.
– All ―subscribers‖ are to be fed into system.
Content placed on website landing pages, behind forms.
Landing pages promoted on social channels.
Social channels to be continuously maintained and improved.
– Followers to social channels should improve in relevance.
Paid media promotes social channels.
Website is continuously maintained and improved.
Ongoing SEO campaign increase traffic and visitor relevance.
Custom reach-out campaign to potential ―partnering‖ websites—
content syndication, SEO benefits, or advertising opportunities.
5. The foundation of the marketing strategies:
Series of e-mails, set-up to be
automatically distributed to recipients.
Each e-mail will consist of a link to a
unique piece of content. For example:
– ―Your Guide to E-Commerce‖ [PDF]
– ―15 Usability Tips for your Shopping Cart [PPT]
– An information graphic about e-commerce trends [JPEG]
The content will progress from a ―soft sell‖ to a ―hard sell‖ topic.
Loopfuse can be used: Free Trial
DRIP NURTURE CAMPAIGN
6. OVERALL STRATEGY:
– Learn more about the
– Increase share of voice.
– Improve awareness of
your expertise and quality.
– Generate leads where needed.
– Boost digital campaigns.
Gain market insights
Create quality content
7. OVERALL STRATEGY:
Gathering customer/competitor insights – A scalable system of
gaining insights should be set up. Insights will be used to direct the
creation of content.
Creating content – The foundation of these strategies will be worthwhile,
Generating leads – A key focus will be generating leads and customers.
Creating channels – Social channels are needed to execute strategies.
Promoting channels – Current contacts must be invited to channels.
Nurturing leads – A lead nurturing strategy—covering all available
channels—must be employed to meet objectives.
Improving share of voice and Thought Leadership will be a byproduct
of the actions previously described.
8. OVERALL STRATEGY:
Twitter will be used for:
―Organic‖ advertising, such as status
updates regarding your company,
and continuous sharing of relevant
1-to-1 engagement with new
followers and relevant users.
1-to-1 sharing of content.
Automatic direct messages,
promoting most recent piece of
Monitoring of relevant conversations
Buffer: $10 per month
9. OVERALL STRATEGY:
A LinkedIn Company page will be maintained similar to
the Twitter account:
– Content will be regularly shared on the page, both
original and relevant.
The on-page, static content will be
updated and managed—new
content for every product launch
or company initiative.
10. OVERALL STRATEGY:
LINKEDIN AD CAMPAIGN
Paid advertising, targeted at relevant business
owners and members, promoting:
– The website
– The most recent piece of
content [landing page]
– The product [landing page]
―Lead Collection‖ will be used (a free addition) to add a
unrequired ―opt-in‖ option for those who click the ads.
Costs: Budget can be predetermined.
11. OVERALL STRATEGY:
PPC = Pay per click advertising.
The campaign will be used to supplement a lack of
SEO benefits in the early days.
SERP space will be
purchased for target
Costs: Budget can be
12. OVERALL STRATEGY:
―Reach-out‖ initiatives will be implemented to parallel business
For example, if your company needs:
– Alpha or Beta test participators, a reach-out campaign could
be to mine, target, and solicit potential testers.
– Testimonials or quotes, a reach-out campaign could be to
develop a survey and distribute to current users.
– To generate more press, a reach-out campaign could be to
push potential content ideas to relevant outlets.
13. OVERALL STRATEGY:
SOCIAL INTEL. GATHERING
A scalable system of monitoring and gathering the ―nearby‖ social
space should be developed.
– TweetDeck can be used to monitor conversations related to e-
commerce and your company products.
– Klout can be used to gather relevant, influential users on
– Feedly can be used to congregate relevant content for reading
– Google Alerts can be used for business- and customer-
– Netvibes can be used (minimally) for additional analytics and
Costs: All completely free.
14. OVERALL STRATEGY:
1. Keyword Research – Using a series of research-type strategies,
keywords of interest are found.
2. Keyword Analysis – From the seed list, keywords with the most
potential and largest effect are chosen.
3. Content Optimization – Content will be redrafted using the
keywords. (Include keywords on all page elements as well!)
4. Link Building – Inbound links will be generated for newly-
15. OVERALL STRATEGY:
MAINTENANCE & MANAGEMENT
Google Webmasters monitoring.
Google Analytics management.
– Scheduled reporting and dashboard set-up.
– Tracking link development.
Additional management tasks:
– Fix broken links and ―No Index‖ problems.
– Continuous identification of website improvements
For example, adding social sharing functionality to the site.