The 21st Century Enterprise
has distinct characteristics
Agile & Lean
Business Model innovation, User Experience
e.g. Blockchain, AI, Robotics, Mobile
Internet of Things
“The IOTWorks” Smart Machines Solutions to
embed intelligence in asset value chains
Next Generation IT
To create a multi-modal lean and agile IT Landscape
Orchestration Platforms for Services & Systems
DryICE powered outcomes across
Business, Consumer, Employees and Smart Machines
Key Technology behind a 21CE
#21CE think like a Agile Startup & Deliver like a Lean Enterprise with experience driven
service oriented outcome based ecosystem @hcltech
How are traditional enterprises responding?
Ecosystem of partners, alliances to
New business models
New customer experiences
Digital Transformation with a focus on:
Technology-enabled Business Innovation
116. What’s the definition of a metaverse?
• The metaverse is a concept of an online, 3D, virtual space connecting users in all aspects of
their lives. It would connect multiple platforms, similar to the internet containing different
websites accessible through a single browser.
• The concept was developed in the science-fiction novel Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.
• The metaverse will be driven by augmented reality, with each user controlling a character or
avatar. For example, you might take a mixed reality meeting with an Oculus VR headset in
your virtual office, finish work and relax in a blockchain-based game, and then manage your
crypto portfolio and finances all inside the metaverse.
• You can already see some aspects of the metaverse in existing virtual video game worlds.
• Besides supporting gaming or social media, the metaverse will combine economies, digital
identity, decentralized governance, and other applications.
• Even today, user creation and ownership of valuable items and currencies help develop a
single, united metaverse.