1. Mohamed Faiyaz Ahmed
Mobile No. +971508515373 Email: email@example.com
GENERAL MANAGER/SALES DIRECTOR / DIRECTOR-BUSINESS
Seasoned Management professional with over 13+ years of experience working in multi-cultural environment
developing, directing, and implementing strategies and programs that achieve results for leading companies in UAE /
INDIA from Electrical Products Manufacturing / Distribution / Trading / Telecom Industry . Able to motivate
personnel to high performance standards and excellence.
• Executive strategist adept at designing and launching powerful business development /sales plans.
Recognized as a top performer consistently achieving annual sales / financial goals. A proven performer who
moves from vision and strategy to implementation and follow-through. Leads by example, motivating united
team and achieving high performance levels.
• Vast exposure and experience in Distributor Channel Management, sales, marketing and business development,
product development and launching and supply chain management, financial management.
• Proven success benchmarking pace-setting results across key performance metrics. Able to motivate personnel
to high performance standards and excellence.
• Financially astute in managing capital, revenue targets, cost reductions, and profitable growth.
Executive-level understanding of financial management; skilled in budgeting, cash flow management, sustainable
P & L scenario. Extensive history recruiting, motivating, and leading top industry executive
management team members.
Value Offered /Core Competency
• Strategic Planning/Corporate Vision
• Performance & People Management
• Marketing & Sales Program Leadership
• Executive Level Negotiations
• Team Management
• Strategic Partnership & Alliances
• Business Operations Management
• Financial Management
• Key Account / Channel Management
• International Buying & Sourcing
FAJR AL HIND LLC JAN-2010 TO DATE
SALES DIRECTOR DUBAI, UAE
Direct daily operations and business plan implementation of this leading company engaged in the Business of Electrical
Products Distribution / Trading /Manufacturing/ Installation and Maintenance Management. Fully accountable
to the Board of Directors to provide visibility and monitor productivity. Directly supervise 4 staff. Brands
Represented – Ducab, Schneider, ABB, Hyundai, Frater, Finloex, LS Industrial System, Gewiss,PCE, Philips,
Osram, Al Fanar and Legrand.
• Full responsibility for the entire commercial operations of this company including sales, marketing ,
finance, business development, human resources , Information technology, Product Development, SCM, Legal
compliance, and P & L performance functions.
• Formulating and successfully implementing company policies.
• Provide the Board with the organizational information it needs for its governance responsibilities. Maintain and
develop the interface between the Board and management.
• Developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the Company
• Present to the BOD tactical, operating and financial plans in line with the agreed Vision and Strategic Plan.
• Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
2. • Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of
the of the organization
• Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
• Ensure that the relationships between the organization and its stakeholders are open and co-operative. Support
the BOD in its primary responsibility of strategic planning.
• Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the
management and other employees.
• Responsible for promoting the sales of ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS – of the company across the Middle East
through Dealer Channel/ B2B/OEM-Generators to ensure that market penetration, growth, market share
and profits are maximized.
• Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets for the company
• Maintaining the operational performance of the company
• Perform factory visits.
• Provide Induction /Training for Low Voltage Medium Voltage Electrical Products
• Identify, select and appoint Dealers across the Middle East.
• Overall responsibility for the buying & sourcing, managing the designing, creation and development of products
and features from factories in China/ Europe / Korea / India that is consistent with the company’s overall strategy
for the business.
• Developing and implementing a global Market wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Closely follow up with all upcoming energy regulations in all Middle East countries
• Actively involved in the New Product Launch, sales forecasting and budgeting, market analysis. Develop,
implement and maintain the pricing strategy for all Channels.
• Product demand planning & forecasting between factories and Dealers. Prepares sales forecasts for use in
planning manufacturing operations and controlling inventories.
• Successfully managed the Hyundai Heavy Industries Products Distributorship for 4 years.
• Successfully engaged and managed the Finolex Cables Distributorship.
• Spearheaded and managed the successful implementation of ISO across the company
• Successfully started the MEP Division in company with a small team.
FINOLEX CABLES LIMITED FEB-2008 – DEC-2009
GENERAL MANAGER –MIDDLE EAST DUBAI, UAE
Provide leadership and direction as General Manager of this leading company’s Dubai Branch engaged in the business of
Manufacturing & Distribution of Cables, Light Switches / Telecommunication Cables / Optical Fiber / LED
Fittings and Lamps and having Annual Turnover of over US$ 1 Billion /2000 staff having complete P & L
management responsibility in the for the Dubai Branch. Directly supervise 4 staff and report to the Senior Vice
• Spearheaded and established the operations of the company and started the commercial operations of the
company from ground zero.
• Overall responsibility for the sales and business development initiatives that is consistent with the company’s
overall strategy for the business in MENA Region.
• Direct responsibility for achieving Revenue Budget set and agreed with the Management including profitability
forecast and preparation and implementation of annual operational plan.
• Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, responsible for the overall management of the Company’s
business development function for promoting the sales of company’s products through – Distributors / Key
Accounts- Large Customers.
• Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of
• Developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
• Spearheaded and grew Annual Sales from significantly for the MENA Region surpassing management
expectations and forecasts.
• Direct the development and implementation of marketing plans, and sales targets by Marketing and Sales staffs,
and monitor regularly to ensure that objectives are being met and that any remedial actions are initiated.
• Develop strategic marketing alliances with key partners to explore business opportunities in the region.
• Identify, select and appoint, Distributors in the Region. Assign targets and monitor the performance to achieve
the business objectives. Provide marketing, technical and financial support to the Channel Partners to promote
the sales of the products of the company.
• Organize Trade Shows, Exhibitions or increasing the visibility of the Brand and the company.
• Travel extensively as a Corporate Ambassador, generating high visibility for the company. Identified new
markets to penetrate and recommended strategic plans to increase business.
• Set/ review targets for the Sales Managers to support them achieve overall target objectives of the teams and to
improvise customer coverage and penetration.
• Financial analysis for the Department’s Operations and setting up budgets, ensuring efficient operational
management of the business. Financial Analysis for all activity, improving the sales, operations profitability with
expenses control and cutting cost to meet the budgeted profit.
• Track all departments’ performance and review their activity, and putting strategies with the related managers.
• Recruited/ relocated top-tier, team of highly competent professionals for the operations to achieve
3. • Major Accounts Handled – Finloex, Etisalat, MAHY Khoory, Ahmed Ramadan Juma Al Besateen Group,
Concave Trading (Electrical Solutions) May-2004 to Dec 2007
Sales Manager Dubai, UAE
Provide highly strategic and tactical leadership as Sales Director of this leading company engaged in the business of
Trading / Distribution of Electrical Products (Part of UAE Enterprises) a 40 years Old Building Material Company
with a Turnover of over Billion Dirham. Maintain complete autonomous decision making authority within the areas of
strategic planning, sales, marketing and business development international procurement functions. Directly supervise
a team of 20. Report to the CEO.
• Responsible for promoting the sales of ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS – Armoured Cable & Single Core PVC
Wires- Riyadh Cable Industry –KSA, Egytech Cables –Egypt & Ducab Cables-UAE, Diesel Generator Set
– (Perkins-UK Cummins-India), Low Voltage Switchgear Components – LS Industrial System Korea,
Copper Bus Bars – Oriental Copper –Thailand, Flexible Panel Wire-105 Degree-Finolex, in the
assigned territory of UAE through Project Sales to Civil Contractors / MEP Contractors / Dealer
Channel / Corporate Clients to ensure that market penetration, growth, market share and profits are
• Direct responsibility for achieving Revenue Budget set and agreed with the Management including profitability
forecast and assisting the CEO in the preparation and implementation of annual operational plan with business
management in UAE market.
• Spearheaded and grew Annual Sales of the company from AED. 60 Million to AED. 111 Million of the
company surpassing management expectations and forecasts. Commended by the management for
consistently over achieving the sales target. Achieved sales growth of 85 % since joining the company.
• Skyrocketed new customer acquisition by adding new customer to the company’s list thereby accelerating
the revenue growth & improved market position of the company.
• Explore and seek opportunities in the B2B project business for the company. Identify and target corporate clients
in the assigned territory.
• Establish contacts and develop relationships with Civil Contractors / MEP Contractors / Dealer Channel /
Corporate Clients in order to secure business.
• Actively involved in the new product launches, business assessment and development, sourcing and
procurement of products from principal across the Globe, product cost, product listing with DEWA /
SEWA, pricing, distribution sales forecasting and budgeting.
• Maintained market share of products and business development by analyzing and cross checking
• Major Accounts Handled – Belhasa Engineering, Ahmed Rahman Juma MEP, Bin Shafer General Contracting,
Nile Electromechanical, Al Wasel Engineering, Dotsal Pvt. Ltd, Bouygues-Target JV, Al Hamad Contracting, Al
Naboodah Group, Hazi Abdullah Awazi Gargash, Lootah Building and Contracting, ETA MNE Division.
Key Strategic Achievements:-
• Spearheaded and successfully managed sourcing, negotiation, introduction and launch of LG
Industrial System Agency for Low Voltage Switch Gear Products in UAE.
• Successfully sourced, negotiated and launched Oriental Copper Agency –Copper Busbar products in
• Sourced and launched FINOLEX Wire Agency Products from India in UAE.
• Played major role in conducting feasibility studies for the successful launch of New Agency Products
• Appointed as Managed Representative for the implementation of ISO-9000 Certification across all the
business Units of the Company.
• Joined as Sales Executive and go 3 quick promotions and became the Sales Director.
Havell India Ltd. May-2003 – April-2004
Sales Executive –Projects Delhi, India
Managed daily sales operations and business plan implementation for this leading company engaged in the business of
Manufacturing and Distribution of Electrical Products – Industrial Switch Gear, Modular Switches, Fans, Wires,
and Cables, CFL and Bath Fittings and producing US$ 1.5 Billion in Annual Sales Revenue having total staff strength
of 4000. Reported to the Sales Manager.
Key Strategic Accomplishments:-
• Grew Annual Sales Revenue significantly by strategizing business development efforts to outperform corporate
targets. Personally led all large scale project negotiations, traveling extensively to capture strategic business wins
with major clients.
4. • Implemented strategic and tactical sales strategies for the area to ignite growth and profits for promoting
the sales of Electrical Products – Industrial Switch Gear, Modular Switches, Fans, Wires, and Cables,
CFL and Bath Fittings through Project Sales to Builders, Electrical Contractors, Consultants and
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
Master of Business Administration (MBA), AICTE, New Delhi, India, 2003
Bachelor of Science (Hons), Kolkota University, Kolkata India, 2000
Software Diploma in Computer Application, ST. XAVIERS COLLEGE, Kolkata India
- Finolex Training and Induction in Pune, India
- LS Industrial System, Korea (Formally LG Industrial System) Training in Korea
- Industrial Training for complete product line of Havells India Limited.
- Training in Schnedier LV Products in Dubai Office.
- Management Trainee – Denso India Limited. Noida, India.
Proficient in the use of: MS-Office – (Word/ Excel/ Power Point), MS-Project.
Nationality : Indian
Date of Birth : 15-2-1979
Driving License: UAE/India
Languages : English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Arabic.
Visa Status : Residence