Stress management is a. “set of techniques and programs intended to help people deal more effectively with stress in their lives by analysing the specific stressors and taking positive actions to minimize their effects.
6. • EXTERNAL STRESSORS
• Physical Environment
• Social Interaction
• Major Life Events
• Daily Hassles
8. COMMON COURSES OF STRESS
• 1.Causes of Stress at Home
• Death of spouse, family, near relative or friend.
• Injury or illness of any family member.
• Marriage of self or son or daughter or brother or sister.
• Separation or divorce from partner.
• Pregnancy or birth of a new baby.
• Children's behavior or disobedience.
• Children's educational performance.
• Not sufficient money to raise your standard of living.
• Loss of money in burglary, pick-pocketed or share market.
9. • To meet out the demands of the job
• Your relationship with colleagues
• To control staff under you
• To train your staff and take work from them
• Support you receive from your boss, colleagues and juniors
• Excessive work pressure
• To meet out deadlines
• To give new results
• To produce new publications if you are in research area
• Working overtime and on holidays
11. SOME OTHER CAUSES OF STRESS
• Somebody misunderstands you.
• Setback to your position in society
13. WHAT WE CAN DO TO MANAGE STRESS….?
• We can change our likelihood (chance) to be exposed to a stressor or
• We can change what we think about the stressor
• We can change the way we think about our coping resources
14. THE PHILOSOPHY OF STRESS
• The easiest way to avoid this stress would be to properly plan out your time and organize yourself.
You know, study after class, start assignments right away and read whenever you can. But you are
not that kind of person. You save your work until the last minute. You waste time. And so you are
• But why did you wait until the last minute? Why are you now up at five in the morning, drinking
your seventh energy drink? Some people work better under stress. Or so they say. In reality it’s
hard to face such a heavy workload without being stressed, so we procrastinate.
• Of course there are things we can do to help this, whether it’s going out with friends, working out
at the gym or having a smoke. While I believe we should all have relief valves for our stress, it’s
most important that we develop the right lifestyle.
15. • “The only person without stress is a dead person”
• (Hans Selye)
• Father of stress Research