SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Benefits Under Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948Dr. G C Mohanta, BE(Mech), MSc(Engg), MBA, PhD(Mgt) Professor
Objective of ESI ActTo provide benefits for sickness, maternity,disablement and medical treatment toemployees of factories and establishmentsand to the dependents of such employees
Benefits under the ActSix kinds of benefits are provided underthe Act: Sickness benefit Maternity benefit Disablement benefit Dependents’ benefit Medical benefit and Funeral expenses
1. Sickness benefitInsured employees is entitled to receive for the period of his sickness at the daily “standard benefit rate”Minimum 78 days of corresponding contribution is mustBenefit is not available for the first 2 days of sicknessMaximum period for benefit is 91 days in one yearStandard benefit rateDaily rate at which sickness benefit is payable during period of sickness:- Lowest rate is Rs. 14/-- Highest rate is Rs. 195/-
2. Maternity benefitConfinement, miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancySickness arising out of pregnancy, confinement, premature birth of child or miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancyMinimum 80 days in the immediately preceding two consecutive contribution periods is mustMaximum period for benefit is 91 days in one year.
3. Disablement benefitPermanent disablement, whether total or partial, as a result of an employment injuryBenefit for the whole of life
4. Dependents’ benefitWhen an insured employee dies as a result of an employment injury, his widow and childrenIn absence of widow or children, his other dependants, are entitled to receive periodical payments
5. Medical benefitsSickness of Insured employee or any member of his familyAvailable to employee during the period for which contributions has been paid for him
6. Funeral expensesIn case of death of an insured employee, the eldest surviving member of his family gets “funeral expenses”If employee had no family or not living with family, then person incurring expenditure for funeral, gets “funeral expenses”Maximum permissible amount of such payment is Rs. 2500/-
Benefits cannot be combinedAn employee is not entitled to receive two benefits at the same time(a)Both sickness benefit and maternity benefit;(b)Both sickness benefit and disablement benefit for temporary disablement;(c)Both maternity benefit and disablement benefit for temporary disablement
OffencesIf any employer -(a) Fails to pay any contribution payable by him under the Act(b) Deducts from the wages of an employee the employers contributions(c) Fails to submit any return required by the regulations, or makes a false return He would be punished with imprisonment upto 1 year or with fine upto Rs. 4000/- or with both
Revision w.e.f. 01.12.20071. The daily rates of sickness benefit has been increased by 20 per cent.2. Daily rates of disability benefits have been increased to 50 per cent from 40 per cent3. Daily rates of dependent’s benefit have been increased to 50 per cent from 40 per cent4. Funeral expenses has been increased to Rs. 3,000/- from Rs. 2,500/-