SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
5 Avill Grove, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 OFX
Phone: 01642 750808
A Senior EC&I Engineer working in a challenging day to day environment using my
skills and experience to react in a pro-active way to the different situations encountered
on an industrial plant working 365 days a year. I believe my technical and man-
management skills have allowed me to deal with numerous challenging situations in a
professional and structured manner. My hard work and dedication has led me to
progress to the role of Senior Engineer on a top-tier COMAH site.
DCS SCADA and PLC
Programming and Testing
Commissioning and Maintenance
Health and Safety
Leadership and Management
Reliability investigation principles
Problem Solving and Fault Finding
Radiation Protection Supervisor
2012- Present SSI UK – Redcar Coke Ovens
EC&I Senior Engineer
• Lead all Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Maintenance activities across all
• Ensure all statutory and mandatory obligations are met on all plant assets with
safety being the prime consideration.
• Ensure KPI’s are met and reviewed to ensure continuous improvement. The
Coke Oven Plan is a Top Tier COMAH site therefore all maintenance activities
must be carried out to the applicable recognised standards.
• Focus on the identification, recommendation and implementation of strategies to
improve asset and process reliability in order to meet the business, Safety,
Environmental, Financial and Operational objectives to cost targets whilst
underpinning the integrity and infrastructure of the department.
• Ensure that safety is a key priority and that safety performance is under target
at all times.
• Review non-conformances to COMAH, health & safety, statutory, mandatory,
environmental, operational and engineering standards and targets.
• Responsible for equipment installed at Redcar Coke Ovens to ensure
maintenance compliance with ATEX regulations for Zoned area equipment.
• Developing and implementing plans to achieve compliance.
• Manage and undertake risk management processes to improve plant reliability
using recognised techniques including SIL assessment and LOPA analysis.
• Review the effectiveness of maintenance planning and recommend changes
using recognised techniques such as RCM and RBI and Root Cause Analysis.
• Involved in Process Hazard Reviews (PHR) and Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
assessments for Process equipment on the site.
• Provide Engineering and Project Management support to the plant in the
design, submission, installation and commissioning of capital, major
maintenance, stop period and revenue projects. Prepare forecasts and plans.
1999-2013 - Tata Steel - Redcar Coke Ovens
Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineer
• Managed all aspects of the Electrical & Instrumentation department at RCO in
order to meet agreed departmental objectives in accordance with the
Engineering plan to defined budgets.
• Manage the maintenance strategy on a day-to-day basis, routine, and stop
period maintenance, first line maintenance, development and faultfinding on
Emerson DCS system, Eurotherm Instrumentation, Allen Bradley/Modicon PLC
systems, Inverter drives and numerous varied Instrumentation & Electrical L.V.
control systems to BS61508 / 61511.
• Managed Plant systems to ensure 100% availability on a continuous process
365 days per year.
• Managed maintenance contracts with vendors and plan, control and
commission any upgrades to improve system performance and reliability to
enhance plant process performance.
• Ongoing Review of Alarm Management on Plant Process Control systems with
reference to EEMUA191 guidance.
• Maintained up to date system documentation and procedures, and as required
run training workshops for non-technical personnel to enhance understanding of
system/plant interface. Manage interface with other site IT systems.
• Controlled and managed annual Maintenance plan for all Instrumentation and
Electrical equipment up to 415V to ensure plant K.P.I. targets are met for
• Prepare contractor permits to work and review contractor performance on
completion of work.
1991- 1999 British Steel SP&CS Teesside Works
Senior Instrument Control Technician
• Responsible for the maintenance and first line fault diagnosis and repair of
Process Control equipment. Equipment worked on included:
Bristol Babcock Distributed Control System involving first line maintenance of
DCS including calibration, testing, faultfinding and writing/upgrading of system
proprietary software for ongoing improvement to plant control schemes.
• Responsible for installation of P.L.C. systems including compiling specifications,
overseeing installation and commissioning and writing of system software for
the required application.
• First line fault diagnosis and repair/routine maintenance of a wide range of plant
based instrumentation including hazardous area equipment from a wide range
of major instrument manufacturers including CV/SG gas, oxygen, ammonia, and
NOX & SOX emission analysis. Various Process Control Instrumentation and
auxiliaries, (e.g. Eurotherm, Honeywell, Rosemount )
1980 - 1991 British Steel South Teesside Works
Shift/Day Instrument Control Technician
• Self-supervising worker responsible for maintenance, first line fault diagnosis
and repair of Process Control equipment on the Redcar Coke Ovens site.
1976 – 1980 British Steel South Teesside Works Apprentice Instrument /Control
• British Steel Apprenticeship, including electrical, mechanical and
instrumentation training modules at the Teesside training centre and day
Training and Qualifications
Radiation Protection Supervisor Training Course completed in 2013.
COMPEX Certified Craftsman (training completed in 2003, 2006.)
Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671) in 2010
Eurotherm / Emerson / AllenBradley / DCS / SCADA and PLC manufacturer’s training
Alarm management systems - Application of EEMUA191
Hazardous Area Maintenance principles and Maintenance execution with Compex
LV Electrical systems including inverter drives.
Engineering Maintenance system including SAP
CDM Regulations Training
COMAH Management of Change Assessors course
Data Communication Networking
Managing Health and Safety
1980-1981 Teesside Polytechnic Middlesbrough.
First two years of Higher Certificate in Industrial Measurement and Control.
1976.1979 Longlands College Of Further Education, Middlesbrough.
Technical Education Council Certificate in Industrial Measurement and Control
1971-1976 5 GCE “O” levels Boynton Comprehensive
Full Clean Driving Licence.
References available upon request