1. Have you ever wondered what design principles
architects use to achieve an amazing building?
2. About us
My name is Graham Ford.
I run a company called Graham Ford Architects.
We design houses, apartments and sports buildings.
We are best known for the design of buildings in
conservation areas and in royal and regional parks.
“Over the last 20 years I have designed a new boating pavilion in Hyde Park, I worked
on the London 2012 Olympic Games and I have a masters degree in sustainable
design. We have a 98 percent success in gaining planning permissions.”
3. The problems
• I have found that most clients have no clarity on how to manage a design and construction project, who they
need to help them to get started, and how much a project will cost.
• Planning permission costs a lot of money and time, and planning restrictions especially in heritage environments
require an experienced team to prevent delays, costly mistakes and planning failure.
• Clients are not clear on how to get their project built and which contract and builder is right for their project.
They do not understand the risks of construction. They want a smooth stress-free process, not anxiety and
constantly rising costs.
4. Our solution
We use 5 key principles to overcome these problems called SPECS. SPECS stands for:
5. We make a complex
process simple and clear,
so everyone understands
where the project is
6. We are very precise, so our
clients know their
requirements are taken care
of and the builder has very
7. Efficiency is the key to making
sure the project is completed
as soon as possible to save
money and minimise
disruption to your lives.
Our design is developed in collaboration with our clients and
local authority, and we guide you through the planning
process. We develop a compelling narrative to support the
application that maximises what you want to achieve but also
addresses the local authority’s concerns.
Construction is a TEAM game and good relationships are
critical so that everything runs smoothly, risks are managed,
and best practice is followed from start to finish.
9. Sustainability is key as it
reduces your energy bills and
reduces our impact on the
We take care of the process,
so you feel at ease, the budget
is fully managed, and you feel
10. Our test How far are you from achieving an amazing building?
Based on our years of experience at GFA we
developed a scorecard to test how well you
are translating your design project into a
The test is a mix of simple YES or NO questions
based on our SPECS methodology.
Once you complete the test, you will get a
summary of your score and a free in-depth
report sent to your email with useful
information and tips.
If you have a project in mind do our scorecard at:
11. At GFA we believe that your project has value, and we can
increase it even further.
Speak to one of our qualified team members to discuss your project, your vision and
If you have any further questions and you would like to get in touch email