2. What is SlideShare?
1. SlideShare is like youtube for
2. SlideShare is compatible with:
PowerPoint, Keynote, PDF’s,
Infographics & Open
3. SlideShare can also support
documents and video.
initially launched in
2006 to share slides
with employees, but
it quickly became
3. The one goal of SlideShare is to share
What is SlideShare for?
4. ● You can upload and share Insights:
● Social Networks
Why use SlideShare?
And SlideShare has over 60 million unique visitors a month
5. ● You can upload and share your
information, product or insights online.
● Market your content and business.
● Discover interesting content about your
competitors, industry, or subjects you
are passionate about.
Why is SlideShare a powerful tool?
6. ● Little to no technical prowess is required to use
● Easily build, arrange, and modify slides.
● You can access it from any computer that supports
● You can add hyperlinks to include videos or
Advantages of using SlideShare
7. ● View your SlideShare presentation on their mobile
● Share your presentations with their network by
email, embedding, and social media.
● Retain your information at a higher rate than text or
● Use SlideShare as a searchable directory of
Your audience can:
8. ● You cannot interact with your audience
so your content must be engaging.
● PowerPoint presentations are linear-
you must advance from slide to slide.
Disadvantages to using SlideShare.