• Nanotechnology is the engineering of
functional systems at the molecular scale.
• More simply, building things one atom or
molecule at a time with programmed nanoscopic
• A nanometer is one billionth of a meter (3 - 4
Introduction to robotics
• Robotics is the branch
of technology that deals with the design,
construction, operation, development
and application of robots and computer
systems for their control, and
• These technologies deal with automated
machines that can take the place of
What is a Robot?
• A robot is a mechanical or virtual
artificial agent, usually an electro-
mechanical machine that is guided by
a computer program or electronic
• They range from small, miniature
machines, to large crane size
Introduction to Nanorobotics
• The technology of creating machines or robots
at or close to the microscopic scale of a
nanometer (10−9 meters).
• A robot that allows precision interactions with
nanoscale objects, or can manipulate with
• Largely in the research-and-development
phase (Target year 2050).
• Some primitive molecular machines have
Theory behind Nanobots
• As robots can perform certain
functions that humans
cannot, thus why not have a
microscopic robot performing
• Necessary for very large
numbers of them to work
together to perform microscopic
and macroscopic tasks.
Features of Nanorobots
• Nanorobots can be categorized into two
groups called autonomous & insect robots.
• A major asset of nanorobots is that they
require very little energy to operate.
• Durability is another potential asset, may
remain operational for years.
• High speed is also a significant
• Microarray, the dense, two-
dimensional grid of
biosensors, is the critical
component of a biochip
• Microarrays can be used for
DNA, protein, chemical
compound and antibody
• Also known as “DNA
• A DNA machine is a
constructed from DNA.
• Similar double helix
structure like the DNA
• Uses a flagellum for
• Use similar mechanisms as
Application of Nanobots
• Medical technology, where
they might be used to
identify cancer cells and
• Detection of toxic chemicals
and the measurement of
concentrations in the
• For Space Application.
Nanorobots in medicine
• It’s structure will have two spaces consisting of
interior and exterior.
• They will communicate with doctor by
encoding messages to acoustic signals.
• Technological advancements such as bionic
motors, DNA as computer, & nano robotics
• Leonard Adleman confirmed that DNA is
programmable in computers.
Nanorobots can be used in blood cell to
Nanobot in medicine
• Early diagnosis and targeted drug
delivery for cancer, biomedical
instrumentation, surgery, etc.
• Employ nanobots injected into the
patient to perform treatment on a
• Improve the presence of drug
molecules where they are needed in
• Fractal robot is a new kind of robot made from
motorized cubic bricks that move under computer
• These cubic motorized bricks can be programmed to
move and shuffle themselves to change shape to make
objects likes a house potentially in a few seconds
because of their motorized internal mechanisms.
Fractal Robot Example
• Example of a Dog shaped
fractal robot changing into a
SELF-REPAIR IN FRACTAL ROBOTS.
• Self repair is an important
breakthrough for realizing micro and
nanotechnology related end goals.
• Three different kinds of self repair
-Usage of plates to construct the
-Using smaller fractal machines to
affect self repair inside large cubes.
Advantages of inorganic nanobots
• Easy to program.
• Ease of external control.
• Unlimited chemistry (with
Disadvantages of inorganic
• Difficult and expensive to make self-
• Difficulty of communicating with
organic systems must carry own (limited)
Advantages of organic nanobots
• Easy to make using genetic
• Self-reproducing (cheap).
• Easily communicate with
other organic systems.
• Protein factories
Disadvantages of organic nanobots
• Poorly understood
• Hard to program.
• Limited external control
• Limited to CHON
chemistry and needs water.
• All of the current developments in technology
directs human a step closer to nanorobots
• Nanorobots can theoretically destroy all
common diseases of the 20th century, thereby
ending much of the pain and suffering.
• Although research into nanorobots is in its
preliminary stages, the promise of such
technology is endless.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.