“Nearly 25% of
people aged 18-34
use social media to
comment on what
about a storyline
while watching TV”
“Adults aged 35-44
are the most likely
• Definition: “Generation C, where C stands for
connectedness, is not define by demographics,
but by their adoption of technology and social
networks that contribute to a digital lifestyle”
• 86% share brand experiences online
• 36% have purchased a product the same week
their friend recommended it
• 65% are offline less than an hour a day
• Consists of gen. Y, X and the baby boomers
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF
YOUR SOCIAL CONSUMER
• Shared experiences
• An Audience with an Audience of Audiences
• News don’t break they tweet
• Social objects
• Personal brand
• Addicted to feedback loops
• Wants to be treated like an individual and to be remembered
• Wants brand to listen, engage and respond quickly
“We’ve moved from the transaction to the interaction with
customers, though we haven’t eliminated the transaction – or
the data associated with it... Social CRM focuses on
engaging the customer in a collaborative conversation in
order to provide mutually beneficial value in a trusted and
transparent business environment. It’s (i.e. Social CRM is)
the company’s response to the customer’s ownership of the
- Paul Greenberg, “the Godfather of CRM”
“Finding your prospects’ and customers’
•Where are the customers?
•What are their needs?
•Who do they listen to?
•How did Purell Hand Sanitizer predict a flu?
RAPID SOCIAL RESPONSE
ending the brand”
• People see themselves in the cr
• Everyone is busy so don’t use t
as an excuse
• Don’t ask people to mail you if
• Facebook enhances bad produc
and experiences - so why have
• So how to respond?
“Catching innovation trends right under your
•How are my customers using my product?
•Why aren’t people using my product?
•What are the trends?
•How did Fiskars experience a 3x increase in
• Listening with Intent
• What are people saying or seeking to improve what they’re doing today?
• Designing the Experience
• Social media represents a series of open windows to engage
• Paying It Forward
• Customers feel a sense of appreciation for those who help and provide
• The Power to Tell
• Make your customers the hero by helping them see what they can
QUESTIONS TO ASK
• Have you mapped your customer’s
decision journey in a digital age?
• What is the experience you would want
your customer to have at every
• How do you need to organize to create
Connect with me on
Twitter: @kasperrisbjerg 18/2: Social Media Week
LinkedIn: Employees as brand advocates
linkedin.com/in/kasperrisbjerg/ in the social media sphere
Website: kasperrisbjerg.dk 18/2: Social Media Week
Email: email@example.com Data for ikke-nørder
More information at