SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Stepping Stones: Enhancing the
quality of primary education
Sreenidhi institute of science & technology,
More Indian children are in school than ever before,
but the quality of schools has sunk to spectacularly
• Though the government has increased proposed spending in education sector in
Union Budget 2012–13, the quality levels are still poor.The spending has been
increased by 18%, from INR52,057 crore in 2011–12 to proposed INR61,427 crore
in 2012–13. In this Approximately 75% (INR45,969 crore) of the total spending will
go to school education and literacy.
The quality is still low.. !!!!
• Most schools are miles away and largely inaccessible
to the students
• The curriculum and teaching methodologies stand
obsolete and outdated.
• The authorities seem to have lost all sense of
responsibility and duty towards the lakhs of
• Education system does not giving us the courage to
face real life situations.
• Only focuses at gaining marks by mugging up things
and not on gaining knowledge.
• AND many more…!!
Though we also need to think of Student participation and
Student’s learning capacities.. Education quality is the main
The next thing we should take care TEACHERS :
LACK OF MOTIVATION IN TEACHERS:
• Conducting seminars and workshops.
• Providing incentives and rewards based on their performances.
• Imparting importance for psychology in their curriculum.
• Increasing of funds based on teachers performance
• Proper monitoring system should be implemented by higher
• “NO WORK NO PAY” system should be implemented.
• Pedagogy implementation
SETTING UP A EFFICIENT COMMITTEE.
• Headed by an Efficient and highly motivated officer.
• For evaluation of teacher performance.
• Inspecting the school overall performance.
• Conducting raids.
• Proper distribution of funds.
• Quick processing in granting permissions for the
infrastructural development of schools.
• Practical oriented study should be implemented.
• Equal importance for co-curricular and extra
• Update in the syllabus should be done.
• Perspection scenario towards marks should be
• Clubbing up of primary and secondary schools at one
place in order to decrease discontinuation of studies.
• Inclusion of extra curricular activity classes in daily
• Basic social awareness programs for students.
• Personality development sessions should include in
• Private schools should not be certified unless and
until they are eligible for establishing a school.
• In order to develop interest on studies hostel facility
would be a better option so that they wont get
• Recognition of low fee, budget schools should be
based more on learning outcomes than
• Increase autonomy of state schools
• Instead of having various educational boards we
should have a common board for all schools
including state language as an extra subject.
• Its better to have state language as the medium of
study than English so that they can easily explore
• ACHIEVING QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL…