SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Resolve service issues faster and more successfully.
Service restoration for incidents is too slow.
Incident treatments and attempts at service restorations do not completely resolve the issue.
Service disruptions and outages are prolonged due to an informal and inefficient Incident Management process.
Confusion and mismanagement of critical incidents prolong service impacting outages that dramatically undermine the operational abilities of the organization.
ITIL’s Incident Management process is not a one-size-fits-all framework.
Adapt your Incident Management roadmap and develop a process that is right for your organization.
A right-sized process, not the most complex process, will allow you to experience the strongest returns.
Impact and Result
Service outages and disruptions will have smaller organizational impact as a result of more targeted and efficient Incident Management.
Develop a strong Incident Management process that will prepare your staff to manage all incidents that could be experienced within IT Infrastructure or Applications.
Establisha Right Sized Incident Management Process
Establish a Right-Sized Incident Management Process
Resolve service issues faster and more successfully.
Avoid the pains of poor Incident Management.
An ineffective Incident Management process will lead to lost productivity, more downtime, and higher support costs.
Commonly experienced pains within Incident Management:
• Incidents take too long to resolve Increasing downtime and decreasing user productivity
• Incidents are escalated too quickly Increasing costs
• Improper fixes during initial treatment Process confusion, lost productivity, prolonged outages
• Poor incident prioritization Incidents with higher business impacts sit in a queue, prolonging the outage and organizational impact
If an effective Incident Management process is not established these pains will only grow worse as the organization or the number of services supported by the IT
department continues to grow.
Develop a right-sized Incident Management process that enables faster, better quality and lower cost incident resolutions.
Build your Incident Management process roadmap using the recommendations from your respective Incident Management target state.
• Promote multiple methods of incident detections by leveraging your staff and technical capabilities.
• Don’t make your staff re-invent the wheel. Prevent redundant work and wasted time by consulting a knowledgebase during initial triage.
• Customize your incident categorization and prioritization schemes to allow effective incident investigations and rapid resolutions.
• Don’t manage all your incidents with the same set of procedures. Develop workflows that are tailored to your organization’s incident categories.
• Don’t shy away from building vendor support and engagement into your organization’s support structure and incident investigations. Although expensive,
proper vendor escalation will prevent incident investigations from stalling.
• Don’t conduct your Incident Management process in isolation from your other Service Management practices; coordinate with Change Management to assess
and apply required fixes.
• Manage your critical incidents effectively by developing a separate set of procedures.
Identify your target state You have an opportunity to right-size the level of investment in technology and staff. The process won’t change, but with greater investment,
you may be able to resolve service issues faster and more effectively.
Identify your performance gaps Use our gap analysis tool to measure the gap between your current performance, and the performance demanded by your target
Identify your process gaps Use our maturity assessment tool to assess your process completeness. Regardless of your target state, the process steps will remain the
same; monitor incident treatment from initial detection to final service restorations. Identify what areas of your process need to be improved or established.
Fill your gaps Use our blueprint to develop a comprehensive and right-sized Incident Management process. Document the process in our Standard Operating
Launch your process Launch your process by utilizing a clear process roadmap and action plan.
Start this project today by calling 1-877-876-3322
Use our Establish a Right-Sized Incident Management Process Blueprint
Best Practice Toolkit Includes:
79 Do-It-Yourself Project Slides
In cident Managem ent Gap Analysis Tool
In cident Managem ent Maturity Assessm ent Tool
Source:http://www.infotech.com /research/ss/es tablish-a-right-sized-incident-m anagem ent-process
In cident Managem ent Metrics Tool
In cident Managem ent Stan dard Operating Procedure
Perform a Gap Analysis
Develop Classifica ti on and Escalation Procedures
Establish Investig ation, Diag nosis, and Resolution
Manage Critical In cidents
Develop an Action Plan
Plus: Onsite worksh ops availablePlus: 1other tool