SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Cell: (310) 344-1414
Jack L. Waterman
A seasoned executive with over 30 years experience in operating and
expanding complex international and domestic business units. Most recently
Chairman and CEO of an OTC company whose turnaround included relisting on
NASDAQ. Leadership responsibilities included Capital Markets, Acquisitions,
Investment Bank and Analyst relationships while overseeing the strategic and
operational growth of the company with the goal of the successful sale or re-
capitalization of the company. Extensive experience includes the management
for public markets of both the P&L and Balance Sheet as well as operating units
with more than $4 billion in annual revenues. Direct control of all elements
including finance/accounting, business and legal affairs, sales, operations and
marketing. Particular emphasis on acquiring, creating, launching, managing and
growing mature business units of Fortune 100 companies in addition to
successfully launching, capitalizing and nurturing “new media/technology”
2005 to 2007 VitalStream Holdings, Inc Costa Mesa, CA
CHAIRMAN and CEO
Company was an early stage start up streaming media (content delivery
network) enterprise who specialized in the Internet streaming of audio and
video content for companies including Myspace, ABC Radio Group and
various major studio films.
▪ Orchestrated the transition from OTC listing to NASDAQ Global Markets in first
▪ Upon arrival, VitalStream was essentially without any cash, losing $500,000 a
month, requiring fresh capital investment, immediate access to a new bank
loan facility while creating substantial growth in its customer base.
▪ Within the first two months, we secured a new $20 million credit line, raised an
additional $20 million equity infusion from existing and new VC investors and
aggressively secured new customers focusing on Media/Broadcasting
▪ Grew annual revenues from $9 million to $25 million in the first full year.
▪ Completed the sale to Internap (NASDAQ: INAP) in February, 2007 for more
than $231 million, an approximate seven-fold increase in market cap.
▪ Secured initial “Buy” or “Out-Perform” coverage from more than nine
investment bank analysts.
▪ Targeted and completed the acquisition of EON Streams, owner of a premier
online advertising insertion technology which significantly expanded
VitalStream’s revenue verticals and growth potential.
1983 to 2005 Paramount Pictures Corp NY and LA
1994 to 2005
President Worldwide Pay Television, International Channels, Airline and
Hotel sales, PPV/VOD and Executive VP of Business/Legal Affairs, Finance
and Operations for Worldwide Home Entertainment Division.
Overall responsible for more than $4 billion in annual revenues and over 2,000
▪ Lead negotiator on all film production, acquisition, duplication, distribution,
revenue sharing and promotional agreements for the Home Entertainment
Division. Reported directly to the Chairman of The Viacom Entertainment
Group in this capacity.
▪ Grew International Pay Television revenues from less than $10 million per
annum in 1992 to more than $500 million in 2004 despite limited production
and film rights in foreign markets resulting from Studio’s co-financing strategy.
▪ Domestic revenues grew to an average license fee per film from $6 million in
1995 to current average of $18 million per film with mega hits realizing as much
as $23 million per film in 2005. Negotiated several multi-year output deals with
HBO, Showtime and over thirty international movie services.
▪ Maintained aggressive library sales relationship with HBO and Starz despite
company preference to focus all sales on Showtime with more than $500
million in library sales written since 1997.
▪ Launched three Advertiser supported cable/satellite channels controlled and
owned by Paramount in the UK, Spain and Australia, currently generating
annual EBIDTA of $30 to $40 million with 12% to 15% annual growth. These
assets further contributed between $15 and $20 million per year in incremental
license fees to Paramount.
▪ Senior operating executive and lead negotiator for the creation and operating of
an extensive portfolio of studio controlled movie channels in Brazil, Latin
America, Australia, Japan, Asia and India. These channels have contributed in
excess of $60 million in annual EBIDTA while generating approximately $100
to $150 million per year in product license fees.
▪ Negotiated channel carriage/joint venture deals for MTV and Nickelodeon at
their request in Australia, Italy and the UK.
▪ Led a five studio negotiation to launch and manage MovieLink (an internet
delivered VOD service) serving on its Board of Directors.
▪ Lead negotiator for all company wide cross-divisional vendor agreements
including Kodak raw stock agreement, Deluxe film processing and Technicolor
replication deal. These and other deals I was responsible for generated over $1
billion in bonus payments to Paramount plus annual cost reductions of 10% to
20% per annum.
1992 to 1994
Executive Vice President, Business Affairs/Finance, Video Division and Motion
▪ Existing responsibilities expanded to include oversight of Motion Picture
Marketing administration and operations on a worldwide basis.
▪ Planned and implemented the creation of an in house creative advertising and
media planning/buying agency to increase creative output and lower costs
due to the prior practice of multi-vending creative elements to outside
agencies. This agency assumed responsibility for the creation of all one
sheets, on-air spots and trailers.
1991 to 1992
Senior Vice President, Business Affairs/Finance, Video Division
▪ Divisional CFO and Head of worldwide Business and Legal Affairs for Pay
Television, Home Video, Airlines, PPV, VOD and various investments and
1990 to 1991
Senior Vice President, Television Group
▪ Additional responsibilities expanded to include operating role in the recently
acquired TVX Station Group and Zenith Productions a UK based TV
1988 to 1990
Vice President Planning, Television Group
▪ CFO of the Television Group reporting to the President of the Television
Group. Responsibilities expanded to include preparation of Wall Street
Analyst presentations, Mergers and Acquisitions and Strategic Planning.
▪ Successfully completed acquisition of one third interest in Bell and Howell
video duplication services for the Video Division.
▪ Targeted and completed the acquisition of the TVX Station Group which
became the foundation of the Paramount Broadcast Group later merged into
the CBS Station Group.
▪ Negotiated and purchased fifty per cent interest in UK production company
Zenith Productions to obtain a foothold into international local production.
▪ Prepared all financial analysis and assisted in negotiating in all divisional
transactions including the BSB deal in the UK and The Arsenio Hall deal for
syndication. Also structured and negotiated the overall development deal with
James Burrows and the Cheers renewal with NBC.
1987 to 1988
Executive Director, Financial Planning, Television Group
▪ Primary responsibilities included the creation, preparation and consolidation
for senior management of the TV Group quarterly Business Plans, five year
strategic plans and financial analysis of all division deals and transactions.
Operating units included Network Television, Domestic Distribution and First
Run Production, International Distribution, Video Division, Wilshire Court
Productions and USA Network.
1983 to 1987
Senior Financial Analyst, TV Group - NY
Manager, Financial Planning, TV Group - LA
Director, Financial Planning, TV Group - LA
Education 1978 to 1981 University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Portfolio Management Major
1981 to 1982 Adelphi University, Garden City, Long Island
▪ Dean’s List multiple semesters
▪ Member Delta Mu Delta, National Business Honor Society