• It is a fitness activity that you, your peers,
family, community and society can get
• Different from other sports, running
activities suit any fitness level, ability, age,
and gender, and it requires very little in
terms of equipment.
• Running is one of the best types of exercise and is very
good for your health.
• It provides a great cardiovascular workout, and it also
strengthens your muscles.
• Regular jogging not only improves cardiovascular fitness,
it has been also shown to have other health benefits,
including health benefits such as helping to manage
depression and anxiety.
• Running is a good way to lose weight and generally get
• You do not need to become a marathon runner to benefit
greatly from running.
• The cardiovascular improvements that jogging provides
great help in making the heart stronger and more efficient ,
thereby reducing the risk of heart disease and heart failure.
• Running also speeds up the digestive system and can help
to relieve digestive problems.
6. Fun Runs
• It can often be a short as one kilometer, and is
usually an opportunity for you to run, jog, walk,
or even push a baby stroller or baby jogger with
the youngest member of the family.
• Fun runs are a great way of involving al family
members, regardless of their age, or fitness level.
They are all about participating, not chasing a
personal best and usually awarding of medals for
all finishers to make everyone happy.
• Walking is one of the easiest and simplest
exercises you need to stay healthy. According to
experts at least 2 ½ hours of moderate activity
such as brisk walking, cycling or yard work a
week is recommended.
8. Jogging for Stronger
Bones and Muscles
• Jogging strengthen the muscles and bone density of your
legs, hips and back. Running does not give you bulky
muscles, like weight training or circuit training, but it
increase leg strength. The constant impact caused during
running can increase bone density, provided you observe
9. Running Improves Sleep
• Jogging makes you sleep better. If you exercise well,
sleep comes much easier. One of the most important
factors for improving fitness after exercise and diet is
getting adequate sleep. Overtraining is possible if you do
not rest properly.
10. Advice on Jogging with
Colds and Flu
• Based on the research conducted by Professor Mark
Gleeson from Loughborough University which was
presented to the Association for Science Education (ASE)
Conference in January 2011, it was found that gentle
aerobics, such as jogging, helps ward off colds and flu by
up to 33%.
11. Running and Mental
• You can counteract depression through running, the same
way all forms of exercise can help you cope with
depression. It increases the capacity to work and lead an
active life. The more fit you are, the more active you can
12. Joy of Running
• If jogging is done correctly, you will feel less tired after
you have finished a tour than before you began. You may
even start to enjoy the feelings in your muscles while
jogging and afterwards.
• Running is a good way of breaking away from your usual
• Running outside is much more enjoyable than working
out in a gym.
• Running in the rain can be refreshing and pleasurable.
• It is advisable to stretch after each jogging session, and
not before, for three to four minutes.
• After jogging, it is often advisable to wait for a few
minutes to regain your breath and relax before you stretch
14. Running Schedule
• If jogging is your only sport activity, then a jogging
session every other day is ideal.
• If you combine jogging with other types of sports
activities, then running twice a week may be enough.
• Be sure you are not too hungry before jogging, but it is
not advisable to go jogging right after a big meal.
15. How to Start Running
• As a starting session, you should only jog on plain ground
and only for 10 minutes. Then you can increase the time,
distance and speed, and choose steeper and more difficult
• Just aim to improve a little every week. Work on
increasing your speed and the distance you run. This will
build up your strength and fitness until some time when
you will start to run much longer distances. Following
some specific running workouts can help you to speed up
your running fitness.
16. How to Start Running
• Always remember what Confucius said, “ It does
not matter how slowly go, as long as you do not
stop.” Keep on running and in time you will get
fitter and healthier.