1. Reiki : The modern interpretation of the Usui system for natural healing. James C. DuCanto, M.D. Independent Reiki Master Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Anesthesiology Medical College of Wisconsin Director of Anesthesiology Clerkship, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Medical Advisor to Human Energy Committee and Healing Touch Workgroup Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2. Objective 1 : Learn about the human bioelectric field and its relationship to human health and disease.
3. Objective 2 : Learn the concept of grounding and how to extend that to others.
4. Objective 3 : Learn the Origin, purpose and modern interpretations and applications of the energy medicine art known as Reiki.
5. Objective 4 : The core of Usui Sensei Teachings: The five precepts of Reiki.
16. Objective 1 : Learn about the human bioelectric field and its relationship to human health and disease.
17. What are we restoring balance to? A discussion of human energetics. Kirlian photography refers to a form of photogram made with high voltage . It is named after Semyon Kirlian , who in 1939 accidentally discovered that if an object on a photographic plate is connected to a source of high voltage, small corona discharges (created by the strong electric field at the edges of the object) create an image on the photographic plate
25. Objective 2 : Learn the concept of grounding and how to extend that to others.
30. Objective 3 : Learn the Origin, purpose and modern interpretations and applications of the energy medicine art known as Reiki.
36. Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Dr. Hayashi was a retired naval officer. He received the Reiki Master initiation from Dr. Usui about 1925 at the age of 47
40. Objective 4 : The core of Usui Sensei Teachings: The five precepts of Reiki.
41. What was the core of Usui Sensei Teachings? The five precepts of Reiki.
42. THE SECRET METHOD OF INVITING BLESSINGS THE SPIRITUAL MEDICINE OF MANY ILLNESSES JUST FOR TODAY, I WILL RELEASE ALL ANGER JUST FOR TODAY, I WILL RELEASE ALL WORRY WITH GRATITUDE I WILL LIVE MY LIFE HONESTLY AND BE KIND TO ALL LIVING THINGS . IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT, WITH HANDS HELD IN PRAYER, THINK THIS IN YOUR MIND, CHANT THIS WITH YOUR MOUTH. THE USUI REIKI METHOD TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND BODY FOR THE BETTER THE FOUNDER Translated from Japanese
50. First position: Under head. Second position: Around Ears. Third position: Jaw and chin. Fourth position: Over Eyes. Illustrations by James Rowden. Reiki hand positions: Front of body.
51. Fifth position: Shoulders Sixth: V towards heart center (consider holding hands above this area in females) Seventh: Around shoulders Eighth: Upper arm Illustrations by James Rowden.
52. Ninth: Lower arm Tenth: Abdomen below costal margin. and hand cradle. Repeat to level above waist. Eleventh: Side of hip. Twelfth: Upper leg and knee. Illustrations by James Rowden.
53. Illustrations by James Rowden. Thirteenth: Lower leg and ankle. Fourteenth: Around foot. Repeat these positions on the lower extremities on the opposite side of the body.
54. Sweep excess liberated energy away using a gentle sweeping motion a few inches above the body. Perform 3 times. This maneuver clears stagnant ki released during the Reiki session. Transform the swept away energy so that the earth can accept it in a purified manner (simply requires the intention of doing so). Illustrations by James Rowden.
55. Reiki hand positions for back of body: First position: Second: Upper back Third: Back between Head. and shoulders. second and fourth positions. Fourth: Back just above waist Fifth: Over the hips, fingers towards the tailbone. Illustrations by James Rowden.
56. Sixth: Upper leg and Seventh: Lower leg and heel back of knee of foot Eighth: Perform a series of 3 sweeps over the back as previously described. Illustrations by James Rowden.
57. Ninth: Balance-Charge battery Tenth: Close—Walk hands up the back over the spine from the waist to the base of the neck. Eleventh: Polish Halo—Make several very slow swirls over the top of head. Illustrations by James Rowden.
58. Objective 6 : Understand Common reactions and side effects during Reiki and after Reiki Attunements
68. Objective 7 : Understand the Universal “Source” of the Reiki energy