13. In the U.S., if someone leaves home without their
wallet, they keep going. But if they leave home
without their mobile phone, they turn around.
Tweet by using @AskJamieTurner (Source: 60SecondMarketer.com)
• Demographics (e.g., HHI, age, etc.)
• Location (e.g., people in ofﬁce
buildings, people in airports, people
near Philips Arena, etc.)
• Context (e.g., ESPN.com readers only,
• Behaviors (e.g., play in a Fantasy
League, subscribers to Sports
Illustrated, shops at Sports Authority,
31. Mobile Advertising
• Sequential Ads: Ads scroll
horizontally to reveal a series of
• Click-to-Expand: User clicks on
an ad to expand to a larger unit
and stays expanded until user
closes the ad.
• Auto Expand: This unit delivers
a sneak peek of the ad for about
one second, then shrinks back
to the traditional 320 x 50
banner ad size.
32. Mobile Advertising
• Native Ads: A growing trend and
possibly the future of the majority of
70% of individuals want to learn about
products through content rather than
through traditional advertising.
People view native ads 53% more than
32% of consumers said they would
share a native ad with friends and
family vs 19% for banner ads.
Source: Inc. Magazine
34. Mobile Advertising
• Store Locator: This feature
uses a device’s built-in GPS
to present the nearest
locations in Google,
Mapquest, or Bing Maps.
• Distance Locator: Using this
technique, you can drive
trafﬁc to store locations by
showing the distance to the
nearest retailer or service
35. Mobile Advertising
• Hotspot: Touch-activated
hotspots can be used to
highlight product features or
to provide interactive
• Data Collection: This ad unit
leverages polls and quizzes
to collect email addresses.
36. Mobile Advertising
• Accelerometer: This format uses the
devices accelerometer to engage a user
by tiling, turning or shaking the device to
launch an animation, change images or
launch a video.
• Swipe-to-Rotate: Imagine being able to
get a 360 degree view of a product like a
car, lawnmower or sofa. That’s possible
with the swipe-to-rotate feature.
• In-Line Banner Video: This approach
auto-plays a short video clip. Teaser
videos can be expanded to feature
longer videos or other ad features.