- Is conceived as collection of multiple,
- Context activates regions of self
knowledge and self-relevant feedback
- A deeper look on the different aspect
of self can identify specific areas for
self-regulation, stability and
1. PHYSICAL OR TANGIBLE
ASPECT- provides a place to
house the spirit (often
experienced as feelings) and the
mind (often experienced as
2. INTELLECTUAL AND CONSCIOUS
ASPECT OF SELF – it is the part of the
self that directs the other two aspects.
The mind learns what to do and
communicates the information to the
body and the feelings.
- People store both healthy and
destructive thoughts and beliefs and
responds to life’s circumstances in the
most prominent manner.
3. EMOTIONAL AND INTUITIVE ASPECT-
human emotions is the most feared
aspect of the self.
- Managing feelings is like trying to
hold water in the palm of your hand.
- Illusive and deceptive.
- Repression is destructive to a content
self since all feelings, not only
negative ones are stored away.