• The purpose of my horror-based magazine will be to inform the target audience about recent and
upcoming films to let people know if movies are worth watching or not.
• There will also entertain people as there will be many reviews on each film with lots of information
about insides and outs of the film.
• There will be lots of posters and pictures of scenes from the movies so the reader can feel more
• The target audience will be able to keep up with the new movie releases with ease and can rely on the
magazine to provide all the info on all the movies and what people think of them
• I want the audience to find the magazine extremely engaging so they will refer it to their friends
and the magazine will become very popular in north London.
• The content will include plenty of stats and reviews about latest
and upcoming films.
• There will be pictures and a3 posters of scenes and characters from
• The reviews will be professional and detailed. There will also be the
main actors listed on each film and information on each actor.
• There will also be a section on older films from around 1990, for
example, the original scream which is still very popular and the
audience will enjoy rewatching.
• This content should be enough to satisfy and entertain the target
• The font will reflect the genre by being a
scary font like the one in the picture that
will create a creepy tone throughout the
magazine. There will be a range of
different eerie fonts for variation. The
font is scary to match the theme of the
magazine. The font will be similar
throughout the magazine to keep the
same theme and tone.
5. The Name
• The name of the magazine
will be Horror House. The
name links to the theme of
the magazine. It also
relates to what will be
inside of the magazine. The
name is original.
6. Colour Scheme
• The colour scheme will be red
and black which connotes horror
and creates a creepy and eerie
tone throughout the magazine.
The red is linked to blood and
gore. The black links to darkness.
7. Target Audience
• The target audience for my horror magazine will be 18–35-year-old men
who experience joy and excitement when hearing about upcoming horror
• The target socio-economic group is not specified as the magazine is not
• The age rating is 18+because there will be some films in the magazine that
are 18+ and it is not allowed for anyone under the age of 18 to watch these
• The target audience is also for people who wish to find out about recent
and upcoming horror films. So therefore, the main target audience is
lovers of horror.
• My secondary target audience is any age 35+ of any ethnicity who also
8. Resources and Personnel
The resources needed are listed for the magazine :
-Digital camera-- To take photos for the magazine.
-Computer system--To create the magazine.
-Adobe Photoshop-- To edit the magazine.
-Photographer-- To take the photos.
-Writer--To write the reviews and news about the horror films.
-Model- To be in the photos
-Editor--To edit the magazine to make it look good.
-Camera lenses-- To take different type of photos
9. Mood Board
•My mood board presents
some movies pictures and
ideas that my horror
magazine will be filled with.
• The main competitor for my magazine is SCREAM.
• Scream is the most popular horror magazine in the
United Kingdom and therefore it will be difficult
for my magazine to catch up to the popularity
• My magazine will release monthly with both an online copy for 3 pound and a
printed copy for £4.
• There will be approximately 50 pages where every month the latest and new
upcoming horror films will be on the front cover and inside the magazine.
• The print will be delivered to the doorstep of your house the same day the new
monthly copy has been released.
• The magazine will be made of coated paper so it doesn't tear easily.
• When the magazine is finished, the first copies will be given away at film festivals.
They will also be sold in newsagents.
• If the magazine becomes popular, it can be sold in bigger and more popular
shops like Tesco or WHSmith.
• The first copies will be printed at a house but if the magazine sells a lot and the
magazine becomes extremely popular we will open up a fully automated factory
to create thousands more copies.