2. • Focuses on local Hertfordshire artists to give them a voice and
that boost they need.
• Features artists that are local to Hertfordshire and gives a
summary on them.
• It will have 2-3 featured artists on every issue, different genres
featured in every issue.
• Front cover is one artist and then the double page spread is the
• Standard 36 pages - most will focus on the artists but there will
also be stuff like concerts featured.
• It'll have all different information such as interviews.
• It's unique as there's nothing like this for the people of
Summary of Magazine
3. • Title: the title of the magazine is called "Magnet Music" because
it's meant to attract readers like a magnet.
• Content: the content includes up and coming artists local to
artists, it also features famous artists from Hertfordshire.
• Frequency: it will come out once a month.
• Similar products: currently there are no other magazines like this
that specifically focus on Hertfordshire based artists.
• House style: the house stye will stick the colour theme I have
chosen so it's easily recognisable.
• Place in market: the magazine will be available to buy in popular
supermarkets and music shops.
• Format: an example included on the next page.
Information on Magazine's presentation
5. • Age: the magazine is suitable for all ages as there's all different
genres featured, however it's targeted towards 13-50 years olds
as they are most likely to like the content.
• Gender: it's suited towards both genders and probably the same
number of men and women will buy the magazine.
• Lifestyle: the people most likely to read it all working class to
middle class people as that's most of the population in
• Spending power: people aren't likely to have the money to
spend on the magazine if it's expensive, especially teenagers so
it'll only cost £3.99.
• Demographics: Hertfordshire is quite a culturally diverse county
so there will be all different genres to suit all cultures.
Information on Magazine's audience
6. • Needed?: there are currently no magazines like this one in
Hertfordshire so it's something new and exciting, it's
• Adverts will follow the magazine colour scheme.
• Will use the same fonts.
• The adverts will have a short summary, like the magazine.
• There will be different versions of adverts.
• Adverts will be online and on print.
• Published on social media platforms, specifically Instagram,
as my company has a large following on there.
• Published at places like train stations and around shopping
centres so lots of people see.
Information on Magazine's development
7. • A graphic designer and marketing researcher will be helping.
• Graphic designer: helps to make the adverts look appealing.
• Marketing researcher: helps with knowing where the
best places to advertise the magazine are.
• Will be using The Herts Magazine's advertising team, so I have
someone to distribute these adverts.
• Supermarkets and music shops across Hertfordshire will get the
magazine the day before they're meant to be issued.
• Snippets are available online for free and will be issued on the
same day as the print version.
• Online version can be for people that already know a featured
artist and want to find out more about them without buying the
Information on Marketing and Distribution
8. • The two fonts used are Josefin Sans for the body copy style and then
Bebas Neue for the masthead and headlines.
• The colour scheme uses matching colours.
• Below I have included an example of the colour scheme and the
fonts that will be used.
Drafts of Magazine