SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Occupational Therapists need to embrace digital patient education as a way for them to explain what they do and how they help their patients live better. it is an inexpensive way to reach their audience at their time of need.
Occupational Therapists: Embrace Digital Patient Education
Embrace Digital Patient
TELL PATIENTS WHAT YOU DO AND WHY THEY SHOULD CARE
Most People Do Not Know What an OT Does
• You have a tough job in the occupational
• While most in the health profession ask a
patient “What's the matter with you?", you
ask "What matters to you?"
• From there, you work with the person of any
age or ability to achieve those goals.
• You are the person who gets someone back to
their “old self” in the ways that matter.
Enter Digital Patient Education
• You need a vehicle to explain that an
occupational therapist improves a person’s
ability to perform daily activities and how you
achieve these goals.
• You need to explain how you are different than a
• And how you work in conjunction with them
and that neither of you can help the patient
without the other.
• To maximize your message, this story needs to
be told before rehabilitation is beginning.
Tell Your Story at Your Patients’ Times of Need
• A customized, HDTV based digital patient education system
from Halo Health lets you start the education process in the
patient’s orthopedist’s office and continue the message in the
surgery center, rehab facility and pt’s office.
• Halo Health tells a story for patient to follow in each segment
like say, knee replacement. They talk about the signs and
symptoms, the general surgical procedure, the recovery, the
rehabilitation and the therapy needed.
• At the end of each segment, the patient feels like they received
a wealth of information and are armed with a ton of questions
to ask their physician for the “WHY” part of their journey.
Lead Your Patients Through Their Journey
• These systems when used properly also help the
patient navigate their health and health system.
• A patient would learn that if an MRI is needed, they
can visit the Health System Radiologist on Main St.
The rehab center and the therapists affiliated with the
health system are spotlighted and recommended.
DME suppliers and other ancillary service providers
are also introduced to help the patient get what they
• This enables the patient to have a better understanding
of the “HOW” of their surgical journey.
Change Their Lifestyle to Fit Their New One
• General health and wellness segments
are interspersed in the content to help
encourage patients to make better
• Smoking cessation, diabetes prevention,
skin cancer prevention, diet, nutrition
and exercise topics are provided to
make the patient understand they need
to take control of their life in order to
get back to living.
It’s Ultra Affordable!
• Work with your referral partners and Halo
Health to create this network.
• It helps the patient live better, improves your
positive outcomes, and “jacks up” your Patient
• And it is very inexpensive- <$10 per day in
Halo Health today