• “Self Help” Book Published in 1989
• 15 million copies sold in 38 language
worldwide and 1.5 million audios
• Ranked amongst 25 most influential books
in the world by Times
• “ Bill Clinton called late Mr. Covey to
counsel him to integrate the book in his
The way an individual perceives, understands and interprets the
surrounding world. A mental map.
Personnel Ethic : Image that you protect on how other people
Character Ethic : Character refers to the morals that a person has.
Inside Out : The change starts from within.
4. 1) I take initiatives.
2) I am a responsible person.
3) I don’t blame others for my wrong actions.
4) I do the right things without asking others.
HABIT 1 : Being Proactive
5. 1) I plan ahead and set my goals.
2) I am prepared at all times.
3) I think about how the choices I make now will affect my
4) I think about the positive and negative consequences of
my actions before I act.
HABIT 2 : Begin With the End in Mind
6. 1) I do the things that HAVE to before the things i WANT to.
2) I spend my time on things that are most important.
3) I set priorities, make schedule and follow plan.
4) I learn to say NO to things that are not important.
HABIT 3 : Put First Thing First
7. 1) I don’t put others down to map my success.
2) It makes me happy to see others happy.
3) I want everyone to be success and be more successful
4) I have a belief that we all win.
HABIT 4 : THINK WIN - WIN
8. 1) I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings.
2) I try to see things from their viewpoints.
3) I listen to people not to reply or ask, I listen for my own
4) Finally I try to make others understood me.
HABIT 5 : Seek First to Understand, Then to be
9. 1) I value other people’s strengths and learn from them.
2) I get along with others, even people who are different
3) I work well in groups.
4) I know team can create better solutions and do more than
HABIT 6 : Synergize
10. HABIT 7 : Sharpen the Saw
I will learn, exercise, love and laugh then relax.
Is a book a book about how you make yourself more effective..
You need to understand that how things are for you might be different in terms of paradigm for others. I will wear formal for meeting to show tht I am professional is a personnel ethic whereas am a I real professional is character ethic
Give me six hours to cut a tree and I will spend 4 hours to sharpen the saw